This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Fabio Calzavara is an entrepreneur and Venetian politician, born in Istrana on 21 September 1950. He is the co-founder of Liga Veneta (1980), a federalist party settled in Padua (Veneto region).
He was a member of the board of “European Federalist Union” (UEF) founded in Zurich (Switzerland), from 1982 till 1986. He was a member of the National Council of the “Free Autonomist Entrepreneurs Association” (ALIA) from 1993 – 1994 and later on the “Free European Federalist Entrepreneurs Association (LIFE) from 1995 – 1997.
He was a member of the Italian Parliament and a Foreign Affairs Committee member of Camera dei Deputati from 1996 – 2001. He was a member of the first Inter-parliamentarian Commission between Italy and the Russian Federation from 1997 – 2001.
As an independent consultant, he was accredited at the European Parliament in Bruxelles/Brussels from 2003 – 2004.
He was also elected in the following local public Administrations:
- Member of Province Council of Treviso, Veneto Region (1985 – 1990);
- Member of Common House Council of Montebelluna, Veneto Region (1987 – 1991);
- Member of Common House Council of Mel-Belluno, Veneto Region (1994 – 1998).
In December 2000, he participated in the first public humanitarian aid to Iraq under the embargo, organized by Abbe Pierre and Jean-Marie Benjamin on a special flight from Paris to Baghdad, with 180 participants as parliamentarians, diplomats, journalists, religious workers, and ONG volunteers from France, Italy, Switzerland, the Netherlands, and Great Britain.
From 2005 he is working and living in Moscow, Russian Federation.
- Gangemi, Giuseppe; Riccamboni, Gianni (1997). Le elezioni della transizione (in Italian). UTET libreria. p. 86. ISBN 978-88-7750-470-8. Retrieved 7 April 2011.
l candidato leghista vincente Fabio Calzavara ha perso l'1,6%; Luigi Filippo Olivetti del Polo ha perso il 3,6%; ha guadagnato invece il 5,0% Guido Trento dell'Ulivo. 6. Sviluppi ulteriori: il "movimento elettorale" e il "movimento ...
- Bonomi, Aldo; Poggio, Pier Paolo (1995). Ethnos e demos: dal leghismo al neopopulismo (in Italian). Mimesis Edizioni. pp. 194–. ISBN 978-88-85889-69-9. Retrieved 7 April 2011.
|This article about an Italian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|