17 June 1985 |
Fabio Machado was born in Funchal and started studying mandolin at the age of 9 years. He joined the Madeira Mandolin Orchestra (Recreio Musical União da Mocidade) and became its Concertmaster for several years, performing in several venues as a soloist.He studied at the Conservatory "Cesare Pollini" in Padua, under the instruction of well renowned instructor and artist Dorina Frati.
In 1998, he toured central and northern Portugal, performing in Águeda, Vila do Conde, Benavente, Santarém and Expo 98. In 2002, he had a successful concert tour in the United Kingdom, performing in several English cathedrals such as St. George's Bristol, and in the St. George's Chapel, Windsor. This last concert was officially inserted in the celebrations of Queen Elizabeth II's Golden Jubilee.
Machado is mostly known for having performed some Caprices of N. Paganini, and the recording of a DVD playing "Chaconne" in G minor of Tomaso Vitali. Besides having recorded 2 CDs and a DVD with the Madeira Mandolin Orchestra, he performs regularly in Italy, Germany, England, Portugal and the USA.
- Fabio Machado's Official Homepage
- Portuguese Music and Musicians
- Madeira Mandolin Association
-   
- Salvador, José (27 February 2005)."Virtuoso em Itália". Revista do Diário de Notícias.
- Salvador, José (9 October 2008). "Bandolinista madeirense brilha na Europa" Diário de Notícias.
- Salvador, José (18 February 2003). "Recreio Musical celebra hoje 90 anos com concerto no Baltazar Dias" Diário de Notícias.
- Salvador, José (20 February 2003). "Bandolins brilharam no Baltazar Dias " Diário de Notícias.
- Salvador, José (22 December 2004). "Bandolins tocam no Teatro" Diário de Notícias.
- Currículo, Página Oficial de Fabio Machado <http://www.fabiomachado.com/PT/indexpt.html>. Visited on 21 July 2009.