|Born||4 June 1967
Ascoli Piceno, Marche, Italy
|Occupation||Bass Player, Musician|
|Known for||Italian bass player personality|
|Children||Sara (born 1997)|
Fabio Meridiani (born 4 June 1967) is an Italian musician personality who made his debut as a bass player in 1985.
He has performed with many international artist, including Robert Neville & The Bolear, JM Quartet, Billy Branch, Giancarlo Schiaffini, Ivan Graziani, Walter Salis, Lucio Turco, Pino Palladino, Marina Fiorentini, Cristiano De André, Kenny Neal, Duke Robillard, Rem Fiore, Diego Calcagno, Derek De Beer, Gary Sanford, Tony Cerqua, Daniele De Salvo, Lorenzo Fontana, Nazzareno Zacconi, Michele Paciulli, Andreas Weingartner, Fabrizio Bianco, Gary Stewart Hurst, Soeren Jordan, Jochen Ritter, Harish Powar, Jennifer Batten, and others.
Self-taught, he was one of the first Italian bass players to apply the mixed techniques on instrument. Noted in 1987 by Robert Neville & The Bolear, in that time in Italy, to achieve some live performance and live recorder for Radio Roma, and invited to join as bass player. He later attended other famous musicians Daniele De Salvo, (Renzo Arbore), Domenico Loparco, (Ron, Billy Cobham, Manù Katchè, Frank Gambale) and Ivan Graziani.
From 1988 live opening Ivan Graziani and The Bolear with his brother Maurizio. Until 1995 he alternates collaborations with Stefano Masciarelli for Estate romana, Miranda Martino, Enrica Bonaccorti, Bambi Fossati (Garybaldi) in prisons for inmates, and also Diego Calcagno (Charlie Cannon) in other site. In 1996 recording studio, a project of 10 hours of music on three CD for Flayers Record original structures mingling jazz fusion guitar-bass-drums. In project are Walter Salis, Oreste Ferrazza (Renato Zero).
Follow in 1997 new collaborations with jazz musicians: Lucio Turco and new concert with bands as Steel Drama, Akwaba, Paola Turci. Performs at Stadio dei Marmi (Olimpico) at concerts Banco del Mutuo Soccorso, Piero Pelù, Premiata Forneria Marconi.
He continued his studies in search of new sounds with the help of reproducible electric bass 5 strings, perfecting his technique. In 2000 offers a workshop with Billy Branch, but also guitar player Kenny Neal, and in 2001 with Gary Sanford (Joe Jackson) in Firenze, in fusion style, to appear in some forum. In 2002 he realizes jam session with Billy Branch, Kenny Neal, Mario Insenga (Blue Stuff); Duke Robillard.
Then he produces his record "Subline" realized with bass guitars only, and drum and percussion by Derek De Beer (Johnny Clegg);, which performs nine songs he composed, each of a different kind (Celtic, afro, funky, fusion).
Between 2005 and 2007 is requested by the piano player Marina Fiorentini (William Parker) in an avant jazz quartet, consisting of trombonist Giancarlo Schiaffini (John Cage), and batterista Tony Cerqua (Rosa King), and saxophonist Lorenzo Fontana (M° Bruno Tommaso). He has worked among others with singer Monica Hill, Jacopo Coretti (Andrea Braido), Emiliano Caroselli (Enrico Rava), Andreas Weingartner, Gary Stewart Hurst (Mark Knopfler), Soeren Jordan (Paul Young), Jochen Ritter, Harish Powar (Randy Crowford).
Teacher from 2008 for electric bass and stylistic laboratories at the Music Academies Network, (UWS Scotland; Trinity College London). Plays clinics special effects applied on the electric bass and sound construction at music Italian Academies (CPM, Saint Louis). Participates as an endorser and spokesperson at major international exhibitions.
- Chordal Melody on bass guitar; CD video Produced by "Softmedia" 2004.
- Past to future; double DVD didactic of drummer Johnny Fiorillo (endorser Pearl, Sabian, Yamaha,) sulla Moeller Technique. produced by Pearl e FBT 2006
- 50° Anniversary of The Shadows; DVD video prodotto da "Shadows Community" 2008.
- Listen the Cable; DVD video Produced by "Reference Laboratories" with Giovanni Tommaso (Sonny Rollins). 2009.
- Uaucau; CD with Maurizio Canala "Softmedia" 1988
- Subline; CD with Derek De Beer "Flayers Record" 2004
- Subline 2; CD with Catia Rea, Tony Cerqua "AVD Records" 2007
- Hexagon; CD with Sören Jordan, Fabio Testa, Michele Milano, Francesco Cipullo, Luigi Rinaldi, "Videoradio Edizioni Musicali" 2014
Marina Fiorentini 5et
- Song for a Comet; CD with Marina Fiorentini, Tony Cerqua, Giancarlo Schiaffini, Lorenzo Fontana "BIT Records" 2006
- W.O.F. improvvisation and other; triple CD "Flayers Record" 1996
With Dj Andrea Mocce
- Emotional Alliance; CD "Djseven Productions" 2007
With Sören Jordan
- Conglomerate 2; CD "Twilight Rec" 2009