|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014)|
Fabri-Kal is a thermoformer of plastic foodservice containers and custom consumer goods packaging. Fabri-Kal is headquartered in Kalamazoo, Michigan and has manufacturing plants in Kalamazoo, Michigan, Hazleton, Pennsylvania and Greenville, South Carolina.
- Greenware cold drink cups and portion cups
- Kal-Clear PET drink cups
- Nexclear polypropylene drink cups
- RK translucent drink cups
- Kids cups
- Juice cups
- Portion cups
- Alur round containers
- Indulge dessert containers
- Pro-Kal deli containers
- Microwavable bowls
- Mushroom tills
- Produce clamshells
Misleading Compostability Claims Lawsuit
Fabri-Kal settled a lawsuit brought by Vermont Attorney General William Sorrell that the company had violated the state’s Consumer Protection Act by advertising as “compostable” its Greenware line of products, including “bioplastic” drinking cups, without disclosing the limited availability of local composting options. The settlement requires Fabri-Kal to pay $80,000 to the State of Vermont in penalties and costs, and another $20,000 to the Central Vermont Solid Waste Management District in Montpelier to develop a residential composting pilot project.
- Bregar, Bill (16 Jul 2014). "Fabri-Kal introduces new HDPE packaging for mushrooms". Plastics News (Kalamazoo, MI). Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- Lauzon, Michael (20 Mar 2015). "Fabri-Kal to expand its sustainable packaging with new Idaho plant". Plastics News (Burley, ID). Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- Jones, Al (17 Oct 2010). "Food industry packaging supplier, turning 60 this week, is growing in Michigan". mlive.com (Kalamazoo, MI). Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- The Office of the Attorney General of Vermont (2012-06-28). Seller Of "Compostable" Products Settles Deceptive Packaging Claims. Retrieved 2012-10-18.