Fabrika automobila Priboj
|Public limited company|
|Founded||Priboj, Serbia (July 29, 1952)|
|Ranko Vuković (General director)|
|Products||Trucks, Buses, Chassises, Truck trailers|
|Revenue||€7.82 million (2013) |
|-€22.12 million (2013)|
|Total assets||€93.12 million (2013)|
|Total equity||€1.95 (2013)|
Invest banka (bankruptcy) (7.76%)
Number of employees
Fabrika automobila Priboj (Корпорација Фабрика Аутомобила Прибој а.д. / Korporacija Fabrika Automobila Priboj a.d.) was a Yugoslav SFRJ now a Serbian automotive manufacturer of trucks and buses founded in 1952. Initially producing licensed copies of Saurer trucks, it now produces Mercedes-Benz NG trucks under license.
- 1 History
- 2 Production lines
- 3 Vehicles history production lines
- 4 See also
- 5 External links
- 6 References
Founded in 1952 by decree of Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia SFRJ. On 30 October 1953, the first trucks were produced based on licence from Saurer. Models were 4G and 6G (4 and 6 tonnes). In 1959 factory was extended and capacity growth on 3600 vehicles per year. In 1961 vehicles and engines manufacturers cluster "ITV" was formed with FAP as member. First domestically designed FAP vehicles where FAP 10B and FAP 15B introduced in serial production by 1965. The FAP 18B was made with a Leyland engine licence built by FAMOS. In 1970 a production, technical and financial cooperation contract was signed with Daimler-Benz. First product from FAP based on contract with Daimler-Benz was LP1113 and it was followed by MB 1213 and O 302. By 1975 new manufacturing plant with 50.000 square meters was built and 150 new machines installed. New projected capacity was 10.000 vehicles/year. Licence contract with Mercedes-Benz was extended in 1976. for production of vehicle from 12 to 26 tonnes weight; many new vehicles are produced like FAP 1616, 1620, 1626, 1921, 1926, 2226 and 2626. With collaboration of FAP with Military Technical Institute Belgrade in 1978 it is developed special military vehicles FAP 2026/6×6 and it is produced in following years in different variants to satisfy various roles in military. FAP was producing many different chassis that were used in factories in Zagreb, Skopje, Belgrade as bases for producing buses and other vehicles. In 1986 licence with Mercedes-Benz was extended for producing 12-26 tonnes gross vehicle weight. In 1984 FAP was again extending factory in newly built industrial zone "Manovica". By their own design center trailers where developed from 20–70 tonnes gross weight. Until 1991 FAP had 16,468 square meters of factory space. Trucks and other FAP products were exported worldwide. The strongest one of the all FAP trucks was FAP 3642 which could resist 75 tons of the load.
On May 30th 2016. Fabrika automobila Priboj is no longer under state protection and as it is does not exist any more. FAP is closed.
Export success and International expedition
On July, 15th 1970 FAP started production and financial cooperation, with other Yugoslavian enterprises: "FAMOS" (SR Bosnia and Herzegovina), "Autokaroserija" (SR Croatia), "11 oktomvri" (SR Macedonia). On international plan, FAP achieved export on African market: Egypt, Tanzania, Sudan, Tunis, Libya, Nigeria and Sudan.
Endurance of the FAP trucks was tested in the Gobi Desert during 1995-1996 expedition "Putevi sveta (On Pathways of the World")". It is FAP 2026 GC/B 6X6 which was produced in cooperation with Ikarbus. Aim of this expedition was to cross roat Priboj-Belgrade-Moscow-Ulan Bator-Beijing-Dalyan-Belgrade-Priboj. This aim was accomplished for only 139 days in the winter season.
On pathways of the World expedition of FAP 2026 trucks
Among all FAP trucks, great success in sport activities had FAP 1626, with V8 Mercedes engine. During the 80's some local enterprises PIK "Belje" (Subsidiary "Beljetrans") advantage great success on FIA European Truck Racing Championship in Hungary and Spain with 22 people crew and Vlado Čugalj at the wheel. Championship in Germany was delayed due to financial problems of the PIK "Belje". FAP 1626 probably was the only truck which returned his original purpose-transportation of the load.
FAP offers many variants of vehicles, with different engines manufactured by Mercedes-Benz, Cummins, MAN and Famos, FAP is producing vehicles for domestic use and export. Exported vehicles can be found in many countries worldwide like Egypt, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Syria, etc.
Finnish truck maker Sisu Auto has placed offer to buy FAP in 2014. Sisu is specializing in heavy trucks and military vehicles, currently it has switched to Daimler engines and cabins, while using MB and Fuller gearboxes. Sisu is most popular truck in Finland in +30t five axle category.
Current production line consists of military and civilian vehicles. FAP also builds chassis, trailers aggregates(axles, transmissions, spare parts, cabins, shipbuilding parts etc.). All currently produced vehicles have EURO 3, EURO 4 or EURO 5 engines type. All vehicles listed here are in the current offering of FAP.
Military production line
Civilian production program
- 1318 B/42 Engine type OM 904 LA EU3 or OM 904 LA EU5
- 1824 BD/48 4x2 Engine type OM 906 LA EU5
- 1828 BD/48 4x2 Engine type MB OM 906 LA EU3
- 1829 BD/48 4x2 Engine type OM 906 LA EU5
- 2235 BD/45 6x2 Engine type OM 457 LA EU3
- 2236 BD/45 6x2 Engine type ISL 8.9 EU5 360
- 1836 BDT/32 4x2 Engine type OM 457 LA EU3
- 1840 BDT/32 4x2 Engine type OM 457 LA EU3
- 2636 BDT/32 6x4 Engine type OM 457 LA EU3
- 2636 BDT/32 6x4 Engine type OM 457 LA EU3
- 1318 BK/36 4x2 Engine type OM 904 LA EU3 or OM 904 LA EU5
- 1418 BSK/36 4x4 Engine type OM 904 LA EU3 or OM 904 LA EU5
- 2024 BK/38 4x2 Engine type OM 906 LA EU5
- 2024 BSK/38 4x4 Engine type OM 906 LA EU5
- 2629 BK/32 6x4 Engine type OM 906 LA EU5
- 2630 BK/32 6x4 Engine type ISB 6.7 E5 300
- 2636 BK/32 6x4 Engine type OM 457 LA EU5
- 3036 BK/32 6x4 Engine type OM 457 LA EU5
- 3240 BKM/32 6x4 Engine type OM 457 LA EU5 or CUMMINS ISLe4 + 400 EU4
- 4140 BKM/45 8x4/4 Engine type OM 457 LA EU5
FAP produces variety of buses: City buses, Suburb buses, Intercity buses, Minibuses.
- City Bus A-537.4 CNG Engine type CUMMINS –CGe4-280 –Euro 4
- City Bus A-537.3 Engine type MB OM 457 hla EU3 or MAN D2066LUH 11 EU4
- City Bus A-537.5 Engine type OM 457h LA EU5
- Single low Floor City Bus A-547.3 Engine type MB OM 457h LA EU3 or MAN D2066 LUH 12 EU4
- Double low Floor City Bus A-559.4 Engine type MAN D2066 LUH 12 EU4
- Midibus A-402 Engine type CUMMINS B180-20
There is also a chassis in production. They are used as bases for different kind of vehicles and special upgrades.
- Chassis A-918 Engine type Cummins B 180 - 20
Vehicles history production lines
List of vehicles which are no longer in production.
List of produced military vehicles in past:
List of produced civilian vehicles in past:
- 18 engine based on licence produce Leyland engine
- MB 1213
- O 302
- 1835 RBDT
- 2640 RBDT
- 1922 RBSK
- 2021 RBK
- 2023 RBK
- 2635 RBDT
- 2628 RBK
- 2632 RBK
- 2635 RBK
- 3035 RBK
- TAM another former Yugoslavian truck manufacturer
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fabrika automobila Priboj trucks.|
- Основни подаци из консолидованог финансијског извештаја за 2013. годину. Agencija za privredne registre Srbije (in Serbian). Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- FAP expedition "On Pathways of the World"|http://putevimasveta.blogspot.com/p/19941995-sibirjaki-ii-beograd-peking.html%7CRetrieved January 2015
- FAP Sport success|http://www.priboj033.com/fap-1626/%7CRetrieved January 2015
- "Vehicle manufacturer profiles" (PDF). p. 8. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- Sisu auto wants to take over FAP - Government negotiates sale of Priboj-based factory to Finns