Fabrizio Boccardi is an Italian American entrepreneur, investor, and producer. Boccardi is the owner and creator of the multimedia brand the Tyrant. In addition, he controls several investments,including Media, technology, and Gaming in the United States and abroad. Boccardi has attempted to buy control of a Las Vegas casino, most notably Riviera Holdings, former owner of the Riviera Hotel & Casino on the strip of Las Vegas, and Riviera Casino in Black Hawk Colorado.
Boccardi was born in Milan, Italy in 1967. His father was the founder of the Istituto Finanziario Ambrosiano, a financial institution with interests in construction, real estate, and insurance. Boccardi attended the Leone XIII school in Milan, and then the Ophenaimer. He continued his studies in the United States, attending Villanova Preparatory School, in Ojai, California, but was unable to finish his junior year when his family’s holding company's collapsed.
At age 19 Boccardi established himself as a commodities trader in Monte Carlo. In his early twenties he began to invest in condominium development in Italy and in the South of France.
Las Vegas casinos
Boccardi has attempted to buy a Las Vegas casino, since 1999.At that time, he signed an agreement to buy the New Frontier Hotel & Casino on the Las Vegas Strip, for $270 million owned at the time by Phil Ruffin. The price Boccardi was willing to pay in 1999 for the aged New Frontier Hotel & Casino, was considered too high by the lenders and gaming analysts as a result Boccardi was forced to pull out during due diligence and terminate the agreement with Ruffin. Phil Ruffin sold the New Frontier to El Ad Properties in 2007 at more than $1.2 billion, the 36 Frontier acres sold for more than $33 million an acre.
In 2000, Boccardi offered $200 million for the Desert Inn Hotel & Casino, but his offer was considered too low by owners Starwood Hotel & Resorts and was then sold to Las Vegas casino owner Steve Wynn for $275 million.   To publicize his bid for the Desert Inn, Boccardi invited Prince Albert of Monaco to Las Vegas. Wynn Resorts subsequently used the Desert Inn site to develop Wynn Las Vegas that opened in 2005 on the Las Vegas’ Strip.
In 2003, Boccardi bid $8.50 per share for control of Riviera Holdings, owners of the Riviera Hotel & Casino on the Las Vegas Strip and a casino in Black Hawk, Colorado. The Boccardi's offer caused the stock of the company to increase substantially The offer was subject to a change of ‘control put’ and bondholders’ approval of the debt holders of the public company trading on the American Stock Exchange. Management rejected the offer, causing some shareholders to file suit against Riviera’s management for not considering the offer.Fabrizio Boccardi in an interview with the Wall Street Journal claimed that if successful buying the Riveria it would be rebranded as The Seven Sins.
In April 2004, DE Shaw Laminar Portfolios announced in its filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) pending strategic discussions with Fabrizio Boccardi of Las Vegas regarding the Riviera Casino, and bought 10% in Riviera Holdings from Donald Trump.In May 2004, in subsequent filings with the SEC, DE Shaw Laminar Portfolios announced the termination of its discussions with Boccardi regarding Riviera Holdings. Stock of Riviera Holdings trading on the American Stock Exchange subsequently split 3 for 1 and was trading at a substantial premium.
In 2005 Boccardi Capital Systems filed suit in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York in Manhattan, against DE Shaw Laminar Portfolios for breach of contract and other allegations in connection with Riviera Holdings, asking for compensation of approximately $140 million. The suit was finally dismissed in February 2009, and despite an appeal that Boccardi Capital filed immediately thereafter, the judgment was reaffirmed in December 2009 by the United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit. 
Twentieth Century Fox and King Midas World Entertainment found a peaceful resolution in 2014 regarding the TYRANT Mark. Both parties called on to refrain from challenging each other’s mark, with FX’s “Tyrant” TV serie based on the story of an American family drawn into Middle Eastern turmoil, and King Midas’ “Tyrant” a Las Vegas-based superhero property created by Fabrizio Boccardi.
Boccardi is also a venture capitalist and through several of his controlled entities provides capital in promising business ventures in the US and abroad. Boccardi is creator of proprietary intelligent software systems methods of payment, finance, and social commerce.
In 2008, The Seven Sins: The Tyrant Ascending was published by Forge Books/Saint Martin's Press. The Library Journal selected The Seven Sins: The Tyrant Ascending as a "Best Thriller of 2008."
The second book in the series titled "Black Scorpion The Tyrant Reborn" was published in North America by MacMillan Publishing Group on April 7, 2015, written by Jon Land and created by Fabrizio Boccardi.
DC Entertainment is developing the Comics based on a publishing license provided to DC by King Midas World Entertainment. Comic Artists such as Andrea Mutti have been engaged to work on the comic property.
A major production for a feature film is in active development in Hollywood based on the franchised character of Michael Tiranno, the Tyrant. The film will be based on the blended adaptation of Black Scorpion and its predecessor, The Seven Sins, which both have also been licensed to DC Comics for comic books and graphic novels publications worldwide. In 2017, famed Cult Classic favorite and blockbuster film Director Chuck Russell was attached to Direct and help to write the screenplay for the film. 
Seven Sins Megaresort
Fabrizio Boccardi has announced plans to use his media properties such as Tiranno, Tyrant and Tyrant Knight to launch a global gaming and hospitality brand which will include the construction of the Seven Sins Megaresort, the same casino depicted in the Michael Tiranno the Tyrant book series, films and comics. In an interview with Robin Leach via the Review Journal in 2017, Boccardi confirmed that the timing for his casino and hospitality plans to be realized will be primarily determined by the level of success of the film property with the announced title The Seven Sins, a story of money, power and a new type of superhero based on adaptations inspired by the book series of Michael Tiranno the Tyrant aka the Tyrant Knight.
Other Media Properties
Dark Light Dawn
It was announced Fabrizio Boccardi created a new media property named Dark Light Dawn. The first book in the series has been announced for publication in North America by Macmillan Publishing Group on August 1, 2017. The book is written by Jon Land and created and owned by Fabrizio Boccardi. According to media articles Dark Light Dawn is also set for other media such as film and television.
Inspired by recent geopolitical events, rising terrorism, and religious conflicts, the novel meshes an action-packed, paranormal tale with an entirely fresh take on the rise of the devil in human form coming to claim the world as his own. Dark Light Dawn creatively blends scientific principles, superstition, biblical elements and the inexplicable of the universe, culminating in a celebration of free will and the power of human nature itself.
- "«Io, un italiano a Las Vegas ho creato il nuovo Padrino»".
- Sneider, Jeff (9 June 2011). "DC Comics bags 'The Tyrant'".
- "Tyrant, eroe italoamericano dai fumetti al film".
- Beanstalk Takes the Tyrant via License Magazine
- Las Vegas Weekly Cover
- "'Seven Sins' aims to mix fiction with reality - USATODAY.com".
- "Businessman Fabrizio Boccardi bets big on Vegas". 5 April 2010.
- "Sports - Third-quarter UW heroics put end to Miami's streak in '94 - Seattle Times Newspaper". community.seattletimes.nwsource.com.
- "La Repubblica.it » Giochi&Scommesse » News". www.repubblica.it.
- "Un italiano sfida Trump a Las Vegas - MilanoFinanza.it". www.milanofinanza.it.
- "Mr Boccardi a LasVegas - MilanoFinanza.it". www.milanofinanza.it.
- Firms Race to Develop Online Gambling, Putting Their Money on Approval in U.S via Wall Street Journal 01/14/2002
- Le Palais de la Méditerranée en reconstruction via L'Hotellerie received 01/07/2018
- “Boccardi Capital Brings 'A Touch of Gold' to Las Vegas” via Hotel News Resource 02/12/2002
- Ecco Michael Tiranno via Il Giornale
- L'America Punta sull' online Italiano via Affari Italiani
- "The man who would be king".
- magazine, Le Point,. "Archives - Le Point.fr". Le Point.fr.
- Fabrizio Boccardi Hosts Party
- Biddle, RiShawn. "Long Live the King".
- "Nevada Business Journal Up Front Pg. 8" (PDF).
- Boccardi Capital intends to build something bigger than a Megaresort via Hotel Online
- 200 million bid for Desert Inn via The Las Vegas Sun 03/14/2000
- "French, Italians team up on Nevada casino complex". 11 December 1998.
- "Bullish European investors eye casinos". 7 October 1999.
- "Magnate Stays Quiet About Plans". www.casinocitytimes.com.
- Wynn Begins Again with Desert Inn via Casino Journal
- Steve Wynn's Interest in the Desert Inn is Confirmed Casino City Times, retrieved 19 April 2000
- Binkley, Christina (14 March 2000). "Starwood Receives $200 Million Offer For Casino but May Reject It as Too Low" – via www.wsj.com.
- NVESTOR FIRM MAKES OFFER FOR LAS VEGAS CASINO, INN Archived January 14, 2016, at the Wayback Machine. Orlando Sentinel, retrieved March 15, 2000
- Desert Inn/morning call via Tribune 03/15/2000
- "COMPANY NEWS; STARWOOD REJECTS A $200 MILLION OFFER FOR DESERT INN". mobile.nytimes.com.
- "Losing bidders for D.I. look at alternative Strip locations". 1 May 2000.
- Superpuntata - via Corriere Della Sera
- History Of Desert Inn
- Boccardi Desert Inn Offer
- Desert Inn 50th Anniversary
- Prince Albert of Monaco Backs Desert Inn Proposal While Touring Vegas RGT Online, retrieved 12 April 2000
- Steve Wynn Agrees to Buy Desert Inn for $270 Million
- http://online.wsj.com/article/SB104932802974338600.html Italian Investor Bids For Riviera Holdings Wall Street Journal, retrieved April 3, 2003
- Riviera Holdings Lawsuits via Gaming Today retrieved 01/02/2018
- Zuckerman, Gregory (31 December 2004). "Riviera's Stock Advance Trumps The Donald" – via www.wsj.com.
- "TRUMP'S ON A ROLL WITH VEGAS WAGER". 4 April 2003.
- Riviera's Stock Spikes Reno Gazette Journal
- Riviera Stock Rises on Buyout via Las Vegas Sun
- Riviera Holdings Corp via The Las Vegas Review Journal
- Trump on a Roll via New York Post
- Consultants Hired
- Board rejects offer to sell Riviera Holdings Las Vegas Sun retrieved Aug 23, 2004
- Companies face shareholder lawsuits Archived January 14, 2016, at the Wayback Machine. Adams Daily Report, retrieved July 9, 2003
- Boccardi Seeks Support for Bid For Riviera Ahead of Earnings Wall Street Journal, retrieved April 21, 2003
- "3 gaming companies face new shareholder lawsuits". 9 July 2003.
- Riviera Holdings Corporation - Company Profile, Information, Business Description, History, Background Information on Riviera Holdings Corporation Reference for Business
- Las Vegas Sun
- Casino City Times
- Binkley, Christina (29 July 2003). "Developer Finds It's Not Easy Becoming a Mogul in 'Sin City'" – via www.wsj.com.
- Issues Facing Riviera Holdings via the Las Vegas Sun
- Prince Albert Fabrizio Boccardi Las Vegas Sun
- Fabrizio Boccardi Megaresort Las Vegas Sun
- Fabrizio Boccardi Angie Everhart Las Vegas Sun
- Wynn Interest in Desert Inn
- French Firm to build casino question is where? via Las Vegas Business Press received 01/07/2018
- "Riviera’s Non-refundable Deposit Deal Killer” via National Gaming Summary retrieved 01/11/2018
- “Riviera’s Buyout Offer” via Merger and Acquisition SourceBook retrieved on 01/11/2018
- Italian Investor Bids For Riviera Holdings Retrieved April 3, 2003
- Board rejects offer to sell Riviera Holdings Las Vegas Sun Times, retrieved Aug 23, 2004
- "Riviera drops poison pill". 23 July 2003.
- "Firm Sued Over Buyout Offer". www.casinocitytimes.com.
- "Las Vegas Is Just A Page Away This Holiday Season With "The Tyrant" - Fulton County News".
- Tiempo, Casa Editorial El. "ODISEA DE UN ITALIANO EN POS DE LAS VEGAS".
- "Boccardi Capital Systems Appeals Decision to Dismiss Its Case - Bloom…". 17 August 2013. Archived from the original on 17 August 2013.
- Boccardi Capital Vs De Shaw Laminar Portfolios via Jural Index retrieved 12/31/2017
- "2nd Circ. Mucks Ex-Partner's Suit Over Casino Venture - Law360". www.law360.com.
- "Boccardi Capital Appeals Decision” via Leagle.com retrieved on 01/11/2018
- "Companies Settle Differences in Struggle Over 'Tyrant' - TVWeek". www.tvweek.com.
- "'Tyrant' Agreement Reached Between Twentieth Century Fox and King Midas World Entertainment". 21 July 2014.
- Tyrant Pact via MarketWatch
- Business Notes via VEGAS INC
- "Scintilla Quantum Proceeds With Backing of Investor and Files International Patent Application on Its Proprietary Payment and Finance System Method". 6 January 2016.
- generator, metatags. "Friday fintech news: Grant Thornton, impak Finance, Amazon, SWIFT, W$T, TAS - Payments NEXT". Payments NEXT.
- "Legion Capital America backs Tyrant Interactive Media - PE Hub". 15 January 2014.
- "Casino Game Developer Tyrant Interactive Media Secures Convertible Loan of Up To $1M". 15 January 2014 – via www.wsj.com.
- Finextra (15 June 2017). "TAS and WealthInvest agree payments partnership".
- Haynes, Michael. "WealthIntel and TAS Group sign letter of intent to develop W$T".
- TAS Group in the USA with W$T
- "BRIEF-Wealthintel, Inc. and TAS Group sign LOI to develop W$T's disruptive payment technology". 15 June 2017 – via Reuters.
- "Card and Mobile Payment Industry News - The Nilson Report Newsletter Archive". www.nilsonreport.com.
- EconoTimes. "WealthIntel Inc. Acquires Pioneering Proprietary Intelligent System Method of Payment and Finance From Scintilla Quantum - EconoTimes".
- TAS Group Accord-Bancaforte
- CNBC (1 June 2016). "WealthIntel, Inc. Brands WitPay™ Its Intelligent Payment Method".
- Legion Capital ventures in Tyrant Interactive via Yahoo Finance retrieved 01/02/2018
- Tyrant Interactive engages Raster Media via Yahoo Finance
- Dopo Oracle altre iniziative via Milano Finanza 06/29/2017
- WealthIntel collaborates with TAS via Finanza TGCom/Mediaset 06/29/2017
- WealthIntel Initiates Private Offerings via Investing News Network 10/05/2016
- Las Vegas tuleb internetti via aripaev/Estonia retrieved on 01/07/2018
- Wipo Publishes Patent of Scintilla Quantum via US Fed News Service, Including US State News retrieved 01/11/2018
- "Businessman Fabrizio Boccardi bets big on Vegas". 5 April 2010.
- A Sin-tillating Ride
- Busch, Anita (10 May 2017). "Chuck Russell Signs On To Write And Direct 'The Seven Sins'".
- McNary, Dave (10 May 2017). "'The Mask' Director Chuck Russell Boards Las Vegas Fantasy Movie 'The Seven Sins'".
- The Superhero Tyrant via The Arab Times retrieved 12/31/2017
- "The Seven Sins: The Tyrant Ascending".
- ”The Seven Sins the Tyrant Ascending” via Public Library District of Columbia received 01/07/2018
- "The Seven Sins Review” via BookLoons retrieved on 01/07/2018
- "In Tyrant Creator Aims To Meld Fiction Fact".
- Best Books 2008 Archived 2013-01-13 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved Dec 08, 2008
- ”The Seven Sins The Tyrant Ascending” via Fiction Database received 01/07/2018
- "Fabrizio Boccardi - Authors - Macmillan".
- "a book review by James R. Hannibal: Black Scorpion: The Tyrant Reborn". www.nyjournalofbooks.com.
- Journal, Sam Coale Special to The. "Book review: Jon Land's "Black Scorpion" is thriller that's epic in scope".
- Noir Journal-The Tyrant Ascends
- "Black Scorpion (Michael Tiranno The Tyrant) by Jon Land (Author) and Fabrizio Boccardi -". www.bestsellersworld.com.
- "Fabrizio Boccardi - Bookreporter.com". www.bookreporter.com.
- "'Black Scorpion: The Tyrant Reborn' by Jon Land [Book Review] · Guardian Liberty Voice". 7 May 2015.
- Rubinstein, Mark (7 April 2015). "'Black Scorpion': A Conversation with Jon Land".
- Singapore National Library
- Seven Sins via Fayetteville Public Library
- Second Book in the Series of The Tyrant Franchise via Broadway World retrieved 12/30/2017
- Black Scorpion The Tyrant Reborn via Fresh Fiction 3/12/2015
- Black Scorpion via The Prince George Public Library
- Black Scorpion via Washington County Library System
- “The Seven Sins the Tyrant Ascending” via Publisher Weekly received 01/07/2018
- "'Black Scorpion: The Tyrant Reborn' Second Book in the Series of 'The Tyrant' Franchise, on Sale Everywhere".
- "In 'Tyrant,' creator aims to meld fiction, fact".
- Tyrant from Comics to Movies via II Giornale
- DC TO PUBLISH THE BATMAN OF LAS VEGAS via Bleeding Cool retrieved 12/30/2017
- Tyrant Creator Aims to Mix Fiction with Fact via The Journal Pioneer 09/15/2012
- In 'Tyrant' creator aims to meld fiction, fact via The San Diego Union-Tribune 09/14/2012
- Seven Sins coming to the big screen via Shock Ya 1/22/2010
- The Seven Sins the Tyrant Ascending in the Works via MovieWeb
- When Terrorists Attack Vegas Seven Sins
- Michael Tiranno the New Corleone? via SFGate
- Pair Bets On Seven Sins
- Alexander Scribe Boards Seven Sins
- "Chats with Author Jon Land - Forces of Geek". www.forcesofgeek.com.
- "Arnold's Voice in Terminator? Maybe, Says Producer".
- "Christopher Kyle Brings The Seven Sins to the Silver Screen - MovieMaker Magazine". 2 February 2010.
- "Industry buzz".
- "Chuck Russell: futuro regista del fantasy The Seven Sins - TVNews24". 15 May 2017.
- Seven Sins Tyrant Ascending Development Underway via Review Journal
- Seven Sins via Zoom Cinema
- Collaboration with Fabrizio Boccardi Seven Sins
- TYRANT KNIGHT THE SEVEN SINS ATTACH DIRECTOR CHUCK RUSSELL via DARK HORIZONS retrieved 01/02/2018
- TYRANT KNIGHT THE SEVEN SINS via Film Affinity retrieved 01/02/2018
- THE SEVEN SINS TO BE DIRECTED BY CHUCK RUSSELL via Fun Cinema Argentina 05/11/2017
- Christopher Kyle to adapt the Seven Sins via Filmofilia 01/21/2010
- TYRANT KNIGHT THE SEVEN SINS MOVIE via LitLife Club retrieved on 01/02/2018
- The Seven Sins via IMDB retrieved 01/02/2018
- CHUCK RUSSELL BOARDS THE SEVEN SINS via UK MOVIES YAHOO 05/10/2017
- TYRANT KNIGHT to be filmed by DIRECTOR CHUCK RUSSELL via- IMDB retrieved on 01/02/2018
- Christopher Kyle attached to write via IMDB retrieved 01/02/2018
- TYRANT KNIGHT THE SEVEN SINS Film announced via студпроф 03/15/2017
- Seven Sins the Tyrant Knight film announced via GTVS received 01/05/2018
- Filmography DIRECTOR CHUCK RUSSELL via Filmstarts received 01/05/2018
- Producers Partner For Hollywood Movie Franchise The Tyrant via Best Seller Magazine received 01/05/2018
- TERMINATOR IV producers acquire SEVEN SINS via WhatCulture 07/23/2008
- Alexander Writer Pens His Version of Seven Sins via Animation World Network 01/21/2010
- Producers partner for Hollywood movie franchise The Tyrant via Business of Cinema 11/13/2008
- Borman, Graves license movie rights to The Seven Sins via ScreenDaily 07/24/2008
- Neue Infos zum Thriller "The Seven Sins: The Tyrant Ascending" via Short News 01/23/2010
- Producers Moritz Borman and Peter Graves Partner with Fabrizio Boccardi via Eleconomista 07/29/2008
- The Mask/where are they now via Comic Book Resources 08/26/2017
- Long Live Las Vegas! via Lostfilm News/Russia 11/05/2017
- Seven Sins gets a Writer via Empire Online received 01/07/2018
- Kyle’s Seven Sins via Vulture Magazine 01/21/2010
- Today’s Film News via Film Journal received 01/07/2018
- CHUCK RUSSELL VAI DIRIGIR ADAPTAÇÃO DO THRILLER ‘THE SEVEN SINS’ via Cinemaginando retrieved 01/07/2018
- The Seven Sins (2019) - trailers, dates premiere - MoviesSearch retrieved on 01/11/2018
- "Comedy & Dolls at Planet Hollywood; Vietnamese fusion at Black Sheep". 1 June 2017.
- "In 'Tyrant,' creator aims to meld fiction, fact".
- "DC Comics acquires rights to prose antihero The Tyrant". 10 June 2011.
- "So, it's a novel AND comic book AND hotel-casino?".
- "Fabrizio Boccardi: la vita e le opere!".
- "Las Vegas Review-Journal Gaming Chips Column". 15 April 2001.
- "Fabrizio Boccardi". IMDb.
- "Dark Light: Dawn by Jon Land and created by Fabrizio Boccardi".
- "Creator and Producer Fabrizio Boccardi's Reinvention of the Supernatural Genre in Media Sparks Curiosity". www.broadwayworld.com.
- Rubinstein, Mark (2 August 2017). "'Dark Light: Dawn,' A Conversation with Jon Land and Fabrizio Boccardi".
- "Topshelf Magazine - August 2017".
- Riffle Editor’s Choice via Riffle Books retrieved 12/31/2017
- Providence Journal Review
- Dark Light Dawn Publisher Weekly
- Noir Journal Review of Dark Light Dawn
- Dark Light Dawn via Digital Public Library
- Black Scorpion via Toronto Public Library
- Dark Light Dawn via Chicago Public Library
- Dark Light Dawn via Frisco Public Library
- Dark Light Dawn the best of Halloween via Halloween Incorporated received 01/05/2018
- Jon Land's 'Dark Light Dawn' Comes with a Vengeance via Booktrib 08/04/2017
- Beyond The Cover with guests Jon Land and Fabrizio Boccardi via Suspense Radio retrieved on 01/07/2018
- DARK LIGHT DAWN 09/06 by Fran Lewis via Books Podcasts retrieved on 01/07/2018
- "Dark Light Dawn” via the Gumshoe Review retrieved on 01/07/2018
- DARK LIGHT DAWN via Seattle Public Library retrieved on 01/07/2018