Facebook Dating is a digital dating product in development at Facebook.
Facebook Dating is planned as a feature within Facebook's main app rather than a separate app release. Facebook users would create a separate dating profile. After indicating interest in another profile, the service would let the users contact each other. Facebook also plans a feature to let people attending the same event make their profiles visible to each other.
Facebook Dating has been launched in Colombia in September 2018.
The second expansion has been launched in Canada and Thailand in October 2018.
- Newton, Casey (August 3, 2018). "Facebook has started internal testing of its dating app". The Verge. Retrieved August 4, 2018.
- "Facebook expands its dating feature test to Canada and Thailand". The Verge. Retrieved 2018-11-08.
- Constine, Josh (August 3, 2018). "Facebook Dating will be a feature, not an app; here's a peek". TechCrunch. Retrieved August 5, 2018.
- Constine, Josh (September 20, 2018). "Inside Facebook Dating, launching first in Colombia". TechCrunch. Retrieved September 29, 2018.
- Harwell, Drew; Dwoskin, Elizabeth (May 3, 2018). "Facebook's dating service is a chance to meet the catfisher, advertiser or scammer of your dreams". Washington Post. Retrieved August 5, 2018.
- Matsakis, Louise (September 20, 2018). "Facebook Is Testing Its Dating Service. Here's How It's Different From Tinder". Wired. ISSN 1059-1028.
- Price, Rob (August 3, 2018). "Here's our first look at Facebook's dating feature, now being tested by its employees". Business Insider. Retrieved August 5, 2018.
- Statt, Nick (May 1, 2018). "Facebook is taking on Tinder with new dating features". The Verge. Retrieved August 4, 2018.
|This Internet-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|