Facebook Slingshot was an instant messaging software application for sharing photos and videos with friends, designed by Facebook. The app was launched on June 18, 2014, for Android and iOS devices.  The app was discontinued and removed from the app store and Google Play store in December 2015, after Facebook shut down its "Creative Labs" division.
- Facebook's Slingshot: A Prettier, More Desperate Version of Snapchat. Mashable.com (2011-11-18). Retrieved on 2014-06-18.
- Facebook’s Slingshot Challenges Snapchat With ‘Reply To Unlock’. TechCrunch. Retrieved on 2014-06-18.
- Facebook Launches Slingshot, its Latest Messaging App. Thenextweb.com. Retrieved on 2014-06-18.
- Topolsky, Joshua. (2013-09-30) Facebook Slingshot is much more than a Snapchat clone. The Verge. Retrieved on 2014-06-18.
- Facebook's Slingshot is a Snapchat competitor that wants you to snap back. Engadget.com. Retrieved on 2014-06-18.
- "Facebook shuts down Creative Labs, apps". CNET. Retrieved 2016-04-27.