|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Studio album by Y&T|
|Released||May 21, 2010|
|Genre||Hard rock, heavy metal|
Facemelter is the twelfth studio album by American hard rock/heavy metal band Y&T, which was released on May 21, 2010 through the Frontiers Records label. It is their first album since the release of Endangered Species in 1997, the longest gap to date between two Y&T studio albums.
This is the final Y&T album to feature bassist Phil Kennemore, who died of cancer the following year.
17 songs were written for the album but 15 of those 17 were placed on the album.
The follow up to Facemelter which would be the 13th studio album is to be released before 2020 according to Dave Meniketti.
The albums 7th song I'm Coming Home is the only song on the album where a video was produced to accompany it.
All lyrics and music written by Y&T.
- "Prelude, On with the Show" - 1:40
- "On with the Show" - 4:10
- "How Long" - 4:26
- "Shine On" - 5:01
- "I Want Your Money" - 4:42
- "Wild Child" - 4:09
- "I'm Coming Home" - 5:14
- "If You Want Me" - 4:33
- "Hot Shot" - 5:04
- "Blind Patriot" - 4:10
- "Gonna Go Blind" - 4:27
- "Don't Bring Me Down" - 4:22
- "One Life" - 4:22
- "Losing My Mind" (Bonus track on the European release only) - 4.56
- "Deadly Deceiver" (Bonus track on the Japanese release only) - 3.38
- Dave Meniketti – Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar
- John Nymann – Guitar, backing vocals, Solo on :"I Want Your Money" & 2nd solo on "Blind Patriot"
- Phil Kennemore – Bass Guitar, backing vocals
- Mike Vanderhule – Drums & Percussion, backing vocals
- "BLABBERMOUTH.NET - Y&T To Release 'Facemelter' In May". Roadrunnerrecords.com. Archived from the original on 2011-06-06. Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- Rose, Rustyn. "Review: Facemelter". Metalholic Magazine. Archived from the original on 26 November 2010. Retrieved 21 May 2010.