Type of site
|Online dating service|
|Owner||Intellectual Property and Data Ltd|
|163,895 (July 2015[update])|
Faceparty is a global dating website, popular mainly in the United Kingdom and United States. Its trademark was registered in 2011 by Intellectual Property and Data Ltd.
Faceparty members can make a free profile, to which they can upload pictures and videos. Members can search for each other by keywords, age, gender, sexuality and location. They communicate with one another by sending instant messages.
Faceparty is free to join, with a monthly fee for users who wish to upgrade their profiles and send more messages. For a larger fee, users of the site aged 18 or over can gain access to the site's age-restricted content.
Faceparty celebrated its millionth member in 2003; He was flown to London with his girlfriend, for a surprise party, where he met the celebrities that he'd mentioned on his profile, including supermodel Katie Price and Bez and Shaun from the Happy Mondays.
By 2005, Faceparty was serving 1.5 billion web pages per month.
In April 2006, Faceparty had six million users in the United Kingdom. In July 2006, Sony BMG struck a partnership with CIS Internet Ltd, allowing its artists to be promoted to the social network's members on an exclusive basis, with competitions, free music downloads, and other promotions.
- "Intellectual Property Office". 2015-07-17.
- "Faceparty.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2015-07-17.
- "Faceparty > Cool Tools". faceparty.com.
- "Faceparty > Adult Verification". faceparty.com.
- "Zippy makes a bid for stardom in the jungle?". marketing Magazine. 2003-07-01. Retrieved 2015-07-24.
- "Guess who's coming to dinner?". Event magazine. 2003-06-10. Retrieved 2015-07-24.
- "ABC Electronic Media Audits: Faceparty.com" (PDF). ABC Electronic Audits. 2005-03-31. Retrieved 2015-06-15.
- Nico Hines (2006-04-09). "Just face it, girls: MySpace is like so totally over | Technology". The Guardian. Retrieved 2014-06-17.