Faculté polytechnique de Mons
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (February 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Type||Faculty of engineering|
|Location||Mons, Hainaut, Belgium|
Before the merger between the "Faculté Polytechnique de Mons" and the University of Mons-Hainaut which took place in 2009, the FPMs used to be the oldest university of the city of Mons and the first Engineering school in Belgium (1837). Its first name was «École des Mines» (Mining School). It is a member of the TIME network (Top Industrial Managers for Europe), an association of 50 leading Engineering Schools and Faculties in Europe. On January 1, 2009, the Engineering Faculty of Mons and the University of Mons-Hainaut merged into a new university simply called the University of Mons (UMONS).
The Faculty organizes a 5 years course and delivers the Engineering (Ir.) and Master of Science (MSc.) degree. One can also get the Applied Sciences Doctor degree (Dr.) at the FPMs.
- BSc. in engineering
- MSc. in engineering (Architecture, Chemistry, Electricity, Computer and Management, Mechanics, Mining and Geology).
- Dr. in Applied Sciences
1200 students (2004–2005). Diplomas per year: 170.
Research teams :
- 25 laboratories
- 4 research centres (Multitel, Materia Nova, Inisma, CETIC). All these web sites have English versions.
- Spin-offs : 4.
- Start-ups founded by young FPMs engineers: 20.
- Patents : 5 patent families.
- 50 ERASMUS partners; 25 direct partnerships with foreign universities.
- Member of the TIME network (Top Industrial Managers for Europe) and double degrees with the following institutes :
Notes and references
- "Faculty of Engineering", at umons.ac.be (in English)
- Science and technology in Wallonia
- University Foundation
- Initialis Science Park
- Science Parks of Wallonia
- (English) (French) Official web site
- (French) Polytech News web site, the Faculty Newspaper
- (French) Site de la Fédération des Etudiants FPMs
- (French) Online courses
- TCTS Lab, FPMs
- (French) Master in Innovation Management