Faculty of Agriculture, University of Osijek
|Established||18 October 1960|
Faculty was established on 18 October 1960 with the name Higher School of Agriculture. Its establishment was initiated by Croatian Agricultural Society. Until establishment of faculty, leading institution in implementing scientific methodology in agriculture was the Agricultural Institute in Osijek.
In 1970 Higher School of Agriculture was renamed into Faculty of Agriculture and Food Technology.
In 1975 was established University of Osijek, so faculty became member of University.
In 1976 Faculty of Agriculture and Food Technology was divided in two institutions - Faculty of Agriculture and Faculty of Food Technology.
In 1977 Faculty of Agriculture moved into the newly built 4000 square-meter center on Tenjska road outside of Osijek.
In 1991, during the Croatian War of Independence building with workspaces, laboratories and classrooms was destroyed.
In period between 1991 and 1994 faculty worked without work space and equipment, so teaching was performed at several locations in the city of Osijek, for example Faculty of Economics, Faculty of Law etc.
From the academic year 2005-06, students enrolled in the first year of study following a completely new concept of higher education according to Bologna declaration. That year is actually the beginning process of adjustment of Croatian higher education system to the European standards.
On 28 May 2008 was laid cornerstone for the new building of Faculty, on the area of the University campus. It was opened on 5 October 2011.
The Faculty has 11 departments:
- Department for Agroecology
- Department for Agroeconomics
- Department for Plant Production
- Department for Chemistry
- Department for Chemistry, Biology and Physics of soil
- Department for Hunting, Fishery and Beekeeping
- Department for Mechanisation in agriculture
- Department for Agrocultural Technics
- Department for Special Zootechnique
- Department for Animal Husbandry
- Department for Plant Protection
- Official website (in Croatian) (in English)