Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Faculty of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Care|
|Motto||Setting standards in contraception - improving sexual health for all|
|President||Dr A Kasliwal|
|Vice-president||Dr T Masters, Dr A Connolly, Dr C Armitage.|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
The Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (FSRH) is a faculty of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. It is the standard-setting organisation for family planning and sexual health physicians in the United Kingdom.
Membership of the faculty is open to physicians who have passed the faculty's examinations and maintain appropriate continuous professional development.
The faculty has three examinations:
- The FSRH Diploma is aimed at doctors (DFSRH) and nurses (NDFSRH) who are already working in general practice, community and integrated sexual health services.
- Membership of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (MFSRH) is mainly completed by Specialty Registrars in contraception and reproductive health
- Fellowship of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (FFSRH)
Training and certification
The faculty also oversees the training of physicians who wish to train in inserting the intrauterine device or Implanon, by issuing the Letter of Competence in Intra-Uterine Techniques (LoC IUT) and Letter of Competence in Sub-Dermal Implants (LoC SDI).
The faculty also awards several certificates in special skills applicable to physicians working in contraception, sexual and reproductive healthcare clinics:
- Certificate in Abortion Care
- Certificate in Menopause
- Certificate in Ultrasound
- Certificate in Local Anaesthetic Vasectomy
The faculty publishes a journal, the Journal of Family Planning and Reproductive Healthcare.