Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
|Faculty of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Care|
|Motto||Setting standards in contraception - improving sexual health for all|
|President||Dr C Wilkinson|
|Vice-president||Dr T Masters, Dr A Kasliwal, Dr A Connolly, Dr C Armitage.|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
The Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare is a faculty of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. It is the standard-setting organisation for family planning and sexual health physicians in the United Kingdom. Membership of the faculty is open to physicians who have passed the Faculty's examinations and maintain appropriate continuous professional development.
The faculty has three examinations:
- Diploma of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (DFSRH) is mainly completed by general practitioners who wish to gain expertise in contraception and sexual health
- Membership of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (MFSRH) is mainly completed by Specialty Registrars in contraception and reproductive health
- Fellowship of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Helathcare (FFSRH)
The Faculty also oversees the training of physicians who wish to train in inserting the intrauterine device or Implanon, by issuing the Letter of Competence in Intra-Uterine Techniques (LoC IUT) and Letter of Competence in Sub-Dermal Implants (LoC SDI).
The Faculty also awards several certificates in special skills applicable to physicians working in contraception, sexual and reproductive healthcare clinics:
- Certificate in Abortion Care
- Certificate in Menopause
- Certificate in Ultrasound
- Certificate in Local Anaesthetic Vasectomy
- Certificate in Foundation Sexual Problems
The Faculty publishes a journal, the Journal of Family Planning and Reproductive Healthcare.
- http://www.fsrh.org Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare website.