This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jorge Facundo Arana von Bernard
March 31, 1972
Maria Susini (m. 2012)
|Partner(s)||Isabel Macedo (1996–2006)|
Mathilde von Bernard
Jorge Facundo Arana von Bernard (born March 31, 1972) is an Argentine actor and musician. He is the winner of various awards for television and theater in Argentina. Arana is also noted for his solidarity work.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Solidarity work
- 4 Personal life
- 5 Filmography
- 6 Theater
- 7 Discography
- 8 Awards
- 9 See also
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Arana was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina. His father, Dr. Jorge Arana Tagle, was a recognized attorney of Admiralty law and professor at the University of Buenos Aires, and his mother, Mathilde von Bernard, is a former hockey player of German ancestry. He has three sisters. He was first taken to an acting class by a friend at the age of fifteen. Soon after, he was diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease. Arana received treatment for much of 1989 and underwent regular testing until 1994, when he was finally declared cancer-free.
Early work, breakthrough and film career (1992–2001)
He began performing in Argentine telenovelas in 1992, playing smaller parts. Arana is also a musician, having studied the saxophone. While he struggled to get bigger acting jobs at Telefe, he met a street musician and the two became friends, with Arana performing on the Buenos Aires streets for many months. In 1995, his acting career took off after he was castin the hit telenovela Perla Negra (Black Pearl), alongside Andrea Del Boca. In 1996, he acted in another telenovela, named Sueltos (Loose).
His participation in Montaña Rusa, Otra Vuelta (Lets go for Another Round on the Rollercoaster) a teenager-oriented telenovela, paved the way for Arana to be chosen as Alejo in Chiquititas (Tiny Angels). He played the lead in the fourth season of the popular show; this proved to be the highest-rated season in the show's seven-year run. At the same time, he worked with the well known Argentine actor Gastón Pauls in a play named El Rafa.
After Chiquititas, Arana was cast in the 1999 telenovela Muñeca Brava, where he appeared alongside Natalia Oreiro. Airing on Telefe, Muñeca Brava became a huge hit and was sold worldwide, with success in over 50 countries and territories. The success of the show consolidated his status as a leading man. In 2000, Arana and Malena Solda played a romantic couple in Buenos Vecinos (Good Neighbors). Later, he starred in the 2001 series Yago, Pasión Morena (Yago, Dark Passion), with actress Gianella Neyra. Arana filmed his first movie, La Fuga (The Escape), in 2001. He also reprised his role as Alejo for the Chiquititas feature film. Both movies did well at the box office being the number one and two most watched in Argentina that year.
Further success, Theater, Solidarity & Everest (2002–2012)
After four years in Telefe, Arana moved to Canal 13, where he had an important role in the successful police show 099 Central. In 2004, he starred as the title character in Padre Coraje, for which he received numerous awards, including a Martin Fierro de Oro.He made his first attempt on the stage in 2005 with the play Visiting Mr. Green where he held the role of Ross Gardiner,the play had huge success being the most watched play that year in Argentina and led him to win various awards. In 2006, he reunited with Natalia Oreiro for another Pol-ka/Canal 13 production, Sos mi vida, which was the year's highest-rated television program in Argentina.
In 2008, he returned to Telefe for the thriller soap Vidas robadas for which he also received many awards.Later he started a tour in Argentina with the theatrical play Poder se puede which promoted the importance of early detection of cancer, and filmed the documentary Donar Sangre Salva Vidas for which he climbed on the top of Aconcagua to raise the awareness of blood donation. After a small break he returned to the small screen in 2011,again cooperating with Telefe,starring in the romantic comedy Cuando me sonreis. In 2012, he decided to make an expedition to Everest to promote his blood donation campaign, while telefe offered to broadcast a documentary. He reached the base camp at 5,364 metres (17,598 ft) but the Altitude sickness made him stop climbing for a few days, during his second attempt Arana's illness progressed to high altitude pulmonary HAPE and cerebral HACE edema which led to Arana's emergency evacuation to Kathmandu. The news was big in Argentina and after some days, to calm his fans, Arana announced that he would fully recover and that the main target of the trip to promote the "Donar Sangre Salva Vidas" campaign would succeed as the flag of the organisation would reach the top even without him.
En el aire, Farsantes & The Blue Light Orchestra (2013–present)
In the summer of 2013 he returned to theater, as the lead actor of the play En el aire which was written and directed by Manuel González Gil. Later this year he joined the cast of Farsantes, portraying the role of Alberto Marini. In 2014, after he left the series Farsantes, Arana deciced to focus on music for a while and along with The Blue Light Orchestra, he toured Argentina as a singer and musician. At the end of 2014, and until mid-2015, he starred opposite Romina Gaetani in the telenovela Noche y día. During that period he made his debut as a singer with his solo album name Salir a tocar, with jazz and blues rhythms. The first single of the album was a cover of the song "Stand by Me".
In 2016 he returned to the theater with the play En el Aire. The play was a success, stayed for months in theaters, and lead to the presentation of his second, same-titled, album along with The Blue Light Orchestra. On May 2016, Arana managed to reach Mount Everest's peak.
in 2017 he starred in the independent film Adiós Querido Pep. The same year, while he was still presenting En el Aire in several provinces he presented a theatrical adaptation of The Bridges of Madison County along with the actress Araceli González. Τhe play received a positive response in several countries including Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay and Chile where it was presented on the scene of the National Theater, and will continue to be on theaters until the end of 2018.
The last years Arana has devoted his life and most of his work to solidarity causes.Being appointed as 'ambassador' of the Fundaleu foundation he participates in all of its campaigns,while he has been the face or participated in several other foundation's campaigns such as UNICEF. He is the founder of "Donar Sangre Salva Vidas" campaign for which he has filmed two documentaries and supports it consecutive .He also has moved his acting career towards this target,with Vidas robadas and Poder se puede with which he traveled in the most isolated parts of Argentina.In 2012 he became the "Godfather" of the first university for indigenous students of Abra Pampa in Jujuy Province.
Besides being a saxophone player, Arana has many hobbies and he has taken part in many extreme sports like diving,water-skiing,surfing,formula and motorcycles races. He's been a licensed pilot since March 2006. He is also an amateur climber. Arana has a blog and has published some of his cartoons in newspapers. He has claimed that if he wasn't an actor he would like to be a world champion surfer, a climber, a cartoonist or a novelist.
He had a relationship with the actress Isabel Macedo for ten years. He is married to actress Maria Susini. Together, they have three children: a daughter, India Arana (born 2008) and twin boys, Yaco and Leon Moro (born in 2009). His daughter's name was chosen by the well-known Uruguayan actress China Zorrilla.
|Year||Title||Role||Notes and Awards|
|2001||La Fuga||Victor Gans|
|2001||Chiquititas: Rincón de luz||Alejo|
|2007||Tocar el cielo||Santiago|
|2010||El agua del fin del mundo||Martin|
|2017||Adiós, querido Pep||Mauro|
|2017||YOn My Space||YOn||Voice|
|Year||Title||Role||Notes and Awards|
|1993||La flaca escopeta||Facundo|
|1994||Marco el candidato||Willy Cassirone|
|1995||Perla Negra||Leonardo Bastidas|
|1995||Montaña Rusa, Otra vuelta||Willy|
|1996||Zingara||Rodolfo "Rudy" Moretti|
|1997||Chiquititas||Alejo/Manuel Méndez Ayala|
|1998||Muñeca Brava||Ivo Di Carlo||Viva 2000 Israel – Best Actor|
|1999||Buenos Vecinos||Diego Pinillos|
|2001||Yago, pasión morena||Yago Valdez||Martin Fierro – Best Actor|
|2002||099 Central||Tomás Ledesma||Martin Fierro – Best Actor|
|2004||Padre Coraje||Coraje/Padre Juan||Martin Fierro – Best Actor
Festival y Mercado de la Telenovela Iberoamericana(FyMTI) -Best Actor
|2006||Sos mi vida||Martin Quesada||Martin Fierro – Best Comedy Actor|
|2008||Vidas Robadas||Bautista Amaya||Nominated – Martin Fierro – Best Actor and Seoul International Drama Awards-Best actor
|2011||Cuando me sonreis||Gaston Murfi||Nominated – Martin Fierro – Best Actor|
|2012||Expedición Everest||Presenter||Martin Fierro – Best Documentary|
|2013-2014||Farsantes||Alberto Marini||Nominated – Martin Fierro – Best Actor
|2014-2015||Noche y día||Victorio "Vico" Virgilio Villa|
|2017||Quiero vivir a tu lado||Victor||Guest Appearance|
|Year||Title||Role||Notes and Awards|
|1998||Chiquititas en el teatro||Alejo/Manuel Méndez Ayala||Adaptation of the TV-series|
|2005||Visitando al Sr. Green||Ross Gardiner||ACE award -Male Revelation
Florencio Sánchez award-Male Revelation
|2009-2010||Poder... se puede||Muller||José María Vilches Award
Martín Fierro de Cable 2011
|2012-2013||En el aire.||Marcos|
|2016-2017||En el aire.||Marcos|
|2017-2018||Los Puentes de Madison||Robert Kincaid|
|Year||Title||Notes and Awards|
|1998||Chiquititas vol 4|
|2014||Salir a tocar|
|2016||En el aire|
- "Sin temor al riesgo" (in Spanish). Diario Clarín. 22 February 2009.
- "Poder se puede" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2012-03-09.
- "Grilla de programación: Donar sangre salva vidas" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2012-03-09.
- "Cuando me sonreis,nueva telenovela" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2011-08-25. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- "Facundo Arana: "Por recomendación médica, la expedición se terminó para mi"" (in Spanish). La Nacion. 26 April 2012.
- "Julio Chávez- Facundo Arana: una dupla de opuestos y "Farsantes""" (in Spanish). Clarín.
- "El Trece estrena el próximo lunes Noche y Día junto a vos, su nueva ficción policíaca - FormulaTV". FormulaTV (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-09-09.
- Día, DaD - Día a. "Facundo Arana cantante: mirá su primer video oficial". Día a Día. Retrieved 2018-09-09.
- CMTV. "Facundo Arana presenta "En el Aire" y nos cuenta la felicidad de tener a La Sole, Juanse y Ricardo Tapia como músicos invitados". CMTV (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-09-09.
- "Facundo Arana llegó a la cumbre del Everest junto a otros argentinos". La Capital (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-09-10.
- "Adiós querido Pep". CinesArgentinos.com. Retrieved 2018-09-16.
- "Los Puentes de Madison". Rosario3 (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-09-09.
- TVN, 24Horas.cl (2018-04-09). ""Los puentes de Madison" llega al teatro nacional". 24Horas.cl (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-09-09.
- Color, ABC. ""Los puentes de Madison", un gran romance sobre las tablas - Edicion Impresa - ABC Color" (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-09-09.
- "En Octubre vuelve al Metro "Los puentes de Madison"". subrayado.com.uy (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-09-09.
- "Junto a Facundo Arana, Fundaleu y Farmacity presentaron su nueva campaña solidaria" (in Spanish).
- "Facundo Arana and Soledad, Jujuy solidarity" (in Spanish). Diario Clarín. 16 March 2012.
- "ENTREVISTA: Facundo Arana" (in Spanish).
- "ME ENCANTARIA TRABAJAR CON MARIA" (in Spanish). Diaro Show. Archived from the original on 6 February 2013. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Facundo Arana se casó en secreto con María Susini" (in Spanish). Minuto Uno. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Arana fue papá de mellizos y eligió dos nombres muy exóticos". minutouno.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-12-27. Retrieved 2013-03-06.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-05-31. Retrieved 2013-03-06.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Todos los ganadores de los Martín Fierro de cable 2012
- "Todos los nominados a los Martín Fierro 2014" [All the nominations for the 2014 Martín Fierro] (in Spanish). La Nación. April 15, 2014. Retrieved April 14, 2014.