Campazzo playing with Peñarol Mar del Plata.
|No. 7 – UCAM Murcia|
March 23, 1991 |
|Listed height||5 ft 11.25 in (1.81 m)|
|Listed weight||195 lb (88 kg)|
|NBA draft||2013 / Undrafted|
|2008–2014||Peñarol Mar del Plata|
|2015–present||→ UCAM Murcia|
|Career highlights and awards|
Facundo "Facu" Campazzo (born March 23, 1991) is an Argentine professional basketball player who plays for UCAM Murcia, on loan from Real Madrid. At a height of 1.81 m (5 ft. 11.25 in.) tall, he plays at the point guard position.
Campazzo began playing for the Argentine League club Peñarol Mar del Plata in 2008. He was named the Argentine League Newcomer of the Year and the Argentine Cup MVP in 2010. He was also named the Super 8 Tournament MVP in 2011 and 2013, and the Argentine League Finals MVP in 2012.
On August 30, 2014, he signed a three-year deal with the Spanish League club Real Madrid. In the 2014–15 season, Real Madrid won the EuroLeague championship, after defeating Olympiacos, by a score of 78–59, in the league's final game. Real Madrid eventually finished the season by winning the Spanish ACB League 2014–15 season league playoff finals, after a 3–0 series sweep in the finals series against Barcelona. By winning that title, Real Madrid also won the triple crown.
Argentine national team
Campazzo is also a member of the senior men's Argentine national basketball team. With Argentina, he participated at the 2012 Summer Olympic Games. He has also played with Argentina at the following tournaments: the 2012 South American Championship, where he won a gold medal, the 2013 FIBA Americas Championship, where he won a bronze medal, the 2014 South American Games, where he won a gold medal, the 2014 South American Championship, where he won a silver medal, the 2014 FIBA World Cup, the 2015 FIBA Americas Championship, where he won a silver medal, and the 2016 Summer Olympic Games.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
|†||Denotes seasons in which Campazzo won the EuroLeague|
Awards and accomplishments
- FIBA Americas League Champion: 2009-10
- 4x Argentine League Champion: (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
- 2x Argentine League Finals MVP: (2012, 2014)
- 3x Super 8 Tournament Winner: (2009, 2011, 2013)
- 2x Super 8 Tournament MVP: (2011, 2013)
- 2x InterLeagues Tournament Champion: (2010, 2012)
- Argentine Cup Champion: (2010)
- Argentine Cup MVP: (2010)
- 3x Played in the Argentine League All-Star Game: (2011, 2012, 2013)
- 3x Argentine League Ideal Quintet Team: (2012, 2013, 2014)
- Argentine League Most Improved Player: (2012)
- Argentine League Revelation of the Year: (2010)
- Spanish Supercup Winner: (2014)
- Spanish Cup Winner: (2015)
- EuroLeague Champion: (2015)
- Spanish League Champion: (2015)
Argentine national team
- 2012 South American Championship: Gold
- 2013 FIBA Americas Championship: Bronze
- 2013 FIBA Americas Championship: All-Tournament Team
- 2014 South American Games: Gold
- 2014 South American Championship: Silver
- 2015 FIBA Americas Championship: Silver
- Facu Campazzo nombre completo: Facundo Campazzo altura: 1.81 m (Spanish).
- Facundo CAMPAZZO | Position : 1 Size : 181.
- Faltayvale.it Puntero invicto del grupo V en la Copa Argentina (Italian).
- "Real Madrid adds Campazzo at point". Euroleague.net. Retrieved 30 August 2014.
- "Real Madrid is Euroleague champion for record ninth time!". euroleague.net. 17 May 2015. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Real Madrid make it 4 out of 4". marca.com (in Spanish). 24 June 2015. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "UCAM Murcia announces Facundo Campazzo". Sportando.com. 20 August 2015. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- FIBA.com Facundo CAMPAZZO (ARG).