|Full name||Facundo Raúl Tello Figueroa|
4 May 1982|
Bahía Blanca, Argentina
|2013–||Argentine Primera División||Referee|
Facundo Raúl Tello Figueroa (born on 4 May 1982) is an Argentine football referee who is a listed international referee for FIFA since 2019. He has been officiating the highest division of Argentine football league since 2013. On 19 May 2022 FIFA announced the 2022 FIFA World Cup's referee list, where Tello was chosen.
Tello debuted in the highest category of Argentine football with only four matches in the second division, where he officiated the Godoy Cruz and Vélez Sarsfield match, on the fourteenth date of the 2013 Final Tournament.
Tello, who belongs to the Bahiense Association of Referees, made his first steps in tournaments of the Argentine Soccer Association from 2011, when he debuted in the then Argentine Tournament A.
As he was settled in the first division, Tello officiated the first summer superclassic of 2018, with the Millionaires victory 1–0. That same year, he was summoned to officiate in the return final that defined the second promotion to the 2018-2019 Super League, between San Martín de Tucumán and Sarmiento with a 5–1 victory for San Martín de Tucumán.
In 2019, Tello entered the roster of international referees for FIFA as he was appointed by Conmebol as a 4th official for the South American U-20 Championship in Chile along with his colleagues Fernando Rapallini, Ezequiel Brailosky and Gabriel Chade., becoming the first Bahia collegiate to achieve this distinction.
He was one of the appointed referees to officiate the 2021 FIFA Arab Cup, as he was summoned to officiate the match between Jordan and Morocco. On 6 November 2022, Tello refereed Argentina's Champions Trophy final between Boca Juniors and Racing Club, where he brandished ten red cards (seven red cards to Boca and three to Racing).
- "FIFA list of referees" (PDF). resources.fifa.com. 2021. Retrieved 30 January 2021.
- "Debuta el árbitro Facundo Tello que pasó por Zona Sur". manifiestodelfutbol.com. 15 May 2013. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- "El árbitro bahiense Facundo Tello debutará en Primera". La Nueva. 14 May 2013. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "El bahiense Facundo Tello debutará arbitrando Argentino A". La Nueva. 19 January 2011. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Facundo Tello será el árbitro del Superclásico en Mar del Plata". Clarín. 6 January 2018. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Facundo Tello será el árbitro de la finalísima entre San Martín y Sarmiento". oncegol.com.ar. 31 May 2018. Archived from the original on 22 August 2018. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Facundo Tello se convirtió en árbitro internacional". Vía Bahía Blanca. 2 January 2019. Retrieved 26 January 2019.
- "List of appointed Match Officials" (PDF). FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association.
- "FIFA Arab Cup 2021™: Jordan - Morocco". www.fifa.com. Retrieved 5 December 2021.
- "World Cup referee Facundo Tello dishes out 10 red cards in Argentina's Champions Trophy final". www.news.sky.com. Retrieved 7 November 2022.