Faded (Kate DeAraugo song)
|Single by Kate DeAraugo|
|from the album A Place I've Never Been|
|B-side||"World Stands Still"|
|Released||19 February 2006|
|Format||CD, Digital download|
|Recorded||November, December 2005|
|Writer(s)||Matthew Gerrard, Jessica Origliasso, Lisa Origliasso, Robbie Nevil|
|Producer(s)||Matthew Gerrard, Bryon Jones|
|Kate DeAraugo singles chronology|
"Faded" is a pop rock song written by Matthew Gerrard, Jessica Origliasso, Lisa Origliasso and Robbie Nevil, produced by Gerrard and Bryon Jones for Kate DeAraugo's first album A Place I've Never Been (2005). It was released as the album's second single in Australia on 19 February 2006 as a CD single and digital download. In February 2007, the song was covered by American girl band Everlife and included on their second studio album, Everlife. Everlife's version was later featured on MTV's The Hills Season 3 Episode 10.
This was DeAraugo's second top ten single following her number-one single "Maybe Tonight" from her debut platinum album A Place I've Never Been after winning series three of Australian Idol. DeAraugo went on to achieve two other top ten singles with girl group the Young Divas.
Two of the song's co-writers, Australian band The Veronicas, recorded a demo of Faded, prior to DeAraugo's release, which has been leaked onto the internet. They have also been known to perform the song live.
Faded has also (reportedly) been covered by Tammin Sursok.
The song was also used in Channel 10 promos for Smallville in Australia.
The video begins with DeAraugo in her car with a photograph of her partner, The words "FADED" appear in the shadow of underneath her car. As the chorus begins, we see her performing the song in a large warehouse with her band. She then texts her boyfriend "Can you come over?", who we see stumbling down an alley in the presumption he is drunk, checking out another woman. After she receives the text, he drives to the same warehouse and opens the door to find photos of him with other woman scattered all over the floor, with the words "Cheat", "Liar", "Coward", "Fake", "Two Timer", and "User" put over his face. He then runs out, and upon trying to leave his car won't start, leaving him stranded there.
- "Faded" — 3:31
- "Faded (Reactor mix)" — 3:40
- "Faded (Chameleon mix)" — 4:59
- "World Stands Still" — 3:56
|Australian ARIA Singles Chart||8|
|Single by Cascada|
|from the album Perfect Day|
|Released||26 August 2008
(see release history)
|Label||Robbins Entertainment (US)|
|Producer(s)||Yanou and DJ Manian|
|Cascada singles chronology|
German Eurodance group Cascada covered the song on their American/Canadian release of their album Perfect Day. In the U.S. "Faded" was digitally released on 5 August 2008 and then released on a CD Maxi 26 August 2008. Although the song did not receive much attention on United States charts, it did rank as #55 on New York's Radio Station Z100's Top 100 Songs of 2008. The track was also released in certain European countries such as Finland and Germany as a digital download in 2010.
Formats and track listing
United States 
- "Faded" (Album Version) — 2:50
- "Faded" (Dave Ramone Electro Club Edit) — 2:57
- "Faded" (Wideboys Electro Radio Edit) — 2.36
- "Faded" (Dave Ramone Pop Radio Mix) — 2:54
- "Faded" (Album Extended Version) — 4:26
- "Faded" (Dave Ramone Electro Club Extended) — 6:25
- "Faded" (Wideboys Electro Club Mix) — 6:07
- "Faded" (Dave Ramone Pop Extended Mix) — 5:51
- "Faded" (Lior Magal Remix) — 5:27
- "Faded" (Giuseppe D's Dark Fader Club Mix) — 7:20
- "Faded" (Radio Edit) — 2:48
- "Faded" (Wideboys Radio Edit) — 2:36
- "Faded" (Extended Mix) — 4:24
- "Faded" (Dave Ramone Remix) — 5.48
- "Faded" (Wideboys Miami House Mix) - 6:04
|Czech Republic (Rádio Top 100)||49|
|US Dance Airplay (Billboard)||7|
|United States||26 August 2008|
|France||27 October 2008|
- Faded chart performance. Australian-charts. Retrieved 23 August 2007.
- "Faded" Cascada Release
- "Top 100 Songs of 2008 - Z100 - New York's Hit Music Station". Z100. Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "iTunes - Music - Faded by Cascada". Itunes.apple.com. 2010-02-05. Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "iTunes - Music - Faded by Cascada". Itunes.apple.com. 2008-08-05. Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "iTunes - Musique - Faded par Cascada". Itunes.apple.com. 2008-09-22. Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "ČNS IFPI" (in Czech). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiální. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 200914 into search.
- "Cascada Album & Song Chart History". Billboard Dance/Mix Show Airplay for Cascada. Retrieved September 24, 2014.