|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014)|
Fadi Ghandour in 2010
|Residence||Dubai, United Arab Emirates and Amman, Jordan|
|Occupation||Founder and Vice Chairman, Aramex|
|Known for||Aramex, Wamda, Courier, Maktoob, The Abraaj Group Ruwwad for Development, Entrepreneurship, Corporate Entrepreneurship Responsibility, Sustainability, Private Sector Activism, Social Entrepreneurship|
Fadi Ghandour is the Co-Founder and Vice Chairman of Aramex where he served for 30 years as the company’s CEO. He is the chairman of Wamda, an entrepreneurship enabling platform for the MENA region which he co-founded in 2010. He is also chairman and managing partner of Wamda Capital a Venture Capital fund investing in MENA growth stage technology companies.
Fadi is also the Co-Founder of MENA Venture Investments, a seed capital investment company focusing on early stage tech companies in the MENA region and beyond. He is a member of the Board of The Abraaj Group, and a member of the Board of Trustees at the American University of Beirut (AUB). Fadi was a founding Investor in Maktoob.com, the first large tech exit in the Arab world in 2009.
Fadi also serves as a board member of Oasis 500, the first tech accelerator in the MENA region, based in Jordan. Fadi is the Founder and Chairman of Ruwwad for Development, a regional private sector-led community empowerment initiative that helps disadvantaged communities overcome marginalization through youth activism, civic engagement, and education, and provides access to capital for microbusinesses in marginalized communities.
Fadi Ghandour is a visionary who believes in the social responsibility of corporations. Aramex was the first company to release a sustainability report the region. Today, Fadi calls on the private sector in the Middle East "to play an active role in nurturing healthy entrepreneurial ecosystems" and has repeatedly expressed his belief that entrepreneurship forms one of the key solution to the regions high youth unemployment.
- "The Abraaj Group: Press Release: Abraaj Capital unveils Wamda under 'Inspire. Empower. Connect.' platform". www.abraaj.com. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Maktoob buyout clicks with Yahoo | The National". www.thenational.ae. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "CEO view: Fadi Ghandour of Aramex". INSEAD Knowledge. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "A new framework for mobilizing corporate entrepreneurship". McKinsey on Society Voices. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Aramex's Fadi Ghandour: Unrest Demonstrates Why It Is Important for Arab Entrepreneurs to Build New Ventures - Knowledge@Wharton". Knowledge@Wharton. Retrieved 2016-02-02.