|Yang Berhormat Datuk Haji
|Malaysian Minister of Works|
16 May 2013
|Preceded by||Shaziman Abu Mansor|
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament
for Petra Jaya, Sarawak
|Preceded by||Sulaiman Daud|
17 April 1962 |
Kampung Hilir, Sibu, Crown Colony of Sarawak
|Spouse(s)||Ruziah Mohd Tahir|
|Residence||Petra Jaya, Kuching, Sarawak|
|Alma mater||University of Malaya|
Datuk Haji Fadillah Yusof (born 17 April 1962) is a Malaysian politician. He is the Member of the Parliament of Malaysia for the Petra Jaya constituency in Sarawak, representing the Parti Pesaka Bumiputera Bersatu (PBB). He is the Works Minister in the ruling Barisan Nasional coalition government. His father, Yusof Merais, was an activist jailed several times by British colonial authorities.
Yusof first ran for Parliament in the 2004 election, having previously been an official in the PBB and a lawyer. Fadillah won the election for the seat of Petra Jaya. After being re-elected in the 2008 election, he was appointed Deputy Minister for Science, Technology and Innovation by then Prime Minister Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi.
On 16 October 2010, he was conferred the award 'Darjah Panglima Gemilang Bintang Kenyalang' (PGBK), which carries the title 'Datuk'.
|2004||Fadillah Yusof (PBB)||18,236||75%||Wan Zainal Abidin Wan Senusi (PKR)||5,420||22%|
|2008||Fadillah Yusof (PBB)||19,515||78%||Mohamad Jolhi (PKR)||5,118||20%|
|2013||Fadillah Yusof (PBB)||29,559||78%||Ahmad Nazib Johari (PKR)||8,116||22%|
- "Fadillah bin Haji Yusof, Y.B. Tuan Haji" (in Malay). Parliament of Malaysia. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "Deputy Minister: YB Tuan Haji Fadillah bin Haji Yusof". Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation. Archived from the original on 21 November 2010. Retrieved 8 October 2010.
- "Plight of 13-year-old draws Fadillah into politics". Utusan. 18 March 2004. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Archived from the original on 6 September 2011. Retrieved 6 April 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "PBB Had Hoped For More Ministers in Federal Cabinet, Says Abang Johari". Bernama. 31 March 2008. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "Award comes with greater responsibility – Fadillah". The Borneo Post. 17 October 2010. Retrieved 18 October 2010.
- "Yusof's promotion to Works Minister is icing on the cake". ABN News. 16 May 2013. Retrieved 17 May 2013.