|Studio album by Sandra|
|Released||12 June 1995|
|Genre||Synthpop, dance, electropop|
|Singles from Fading Shades|
In 1995, while pregnant with twins, Sandra recorded and released Fading Shades. The album saw a new writer/producer Jens Gad working alongside Michael Cretu. The album featured a powerful cover version of "Nights in White Satin" by The Moody Blues. The music video showed only close-ups of Sandra's face as she was heavily pregnant at the time. She even had to sit during the recording sessions of the album. Again, Andy "Angel" Hart performed all the male vocals on the album. Note that the album cover was taken from the music video of "Nights in White Satin".
- "Fading Shades" (Part 1) (Gad) — 1:02
- "Nights in White Satin" (Justin Hayward) — 4:33
- "Son of a Time Machine" (Gad - Cretu/Hirschburger) — 5:01
- "Won't Run Away" (Gad - Gad/Hirschburger) — 4:14
- "Tell Me More" (Gad - Gad/Hirschburger) — 3:15
- "Will You Whisper" (Gad - Hirschburger) — 4:13
- "Invisible Shelter" (Gad - Cretu/Hirschburger) — 5:20
- "You Are So Beautiful" (Gad - Gad/Hirschburger) — 4:38
- "I Need Love '95" (Cretu - Cretu/Hirschburger) — 3:28
- "First Lullaby" (Cretu/Gad - Cretu/Hirschburger) — 4:20
- "Fading Shades" (Part 2) (Gad) — 1:06
|"Won't Run Away"|
|Single by Sandra|
|from the album Fading Shades|
|Sandra singles chronology|
- "Nights in White Satin"
The first single released from the album was "Nights in White Satin", which reached number thirty-four in New Zealand. The song went to number one in Israel and entered the top twenty in Finland and Australia. However, in Germany it performed very weakly on the chart, reaching only number eighty-six.
- "Won't Run Away"
"Won't Run Away" was released in July 1995 as the second and final single from the album. Unfortunately, the song was not successful, as it did not enter on any of the charts. It was her third single that failed to chart and first since 1985's "(I'll Never Be) Maria Magdalena" not to receive a music video.
- CD single
- "Won't Run Away" — 4:18
- "Won't Run Away" (The Sunshine Mix) — 7:34
- "Won't Run Away" (Happy Dancer Mix) — 5:00
- "Won't Run Away" (Extended Guitar Mix) — 6:26
- Lead vocals by Sandra.
- Male vocals by Andy "Angel" Hart.
- Lyrics by Jens Gad, Klaus Hirschburger, Michael Cretu.
- Music by Jens Gad, Michael Cretu.
- Artwork by Virgin Munich.
- Produced by Jens Gad, Michael Cretu.
- Programmed and arranged by - Jens Gad.
- Recorded at A.R.T. Studios, Ibiza, Spain.
|German Albums Charts||42|
|Swiss Albums Top 100||37|
- "Fading Shades". Sandra-cretu.narod.ru. Archived from the original on 2012-02-22. Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Nights in White Satin". Recording Industry Association of New Zealand. Archived from the original on 2014-05-01. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- "Won't Run Away". Sandra-cretu.narod.ru. Archived from the original on 2012-02-22. Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Sandra - Won't Run Away (CD) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2012-02-15.