Faguns at the Annual 64th Cannes Film Festival
|Born||Minsk, Minsk Region, Belarus|
|Alma mater||Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, London College of Fashion|
|Occupation||Actress, Undertaker, Taxidermist|
|Years active||Since 1986|
Fagun Thakrar, also known as Faguns and F-Bangs is an English-Germano Actress, Undertaker and Taxidermist who is best known for her involvement in the preservation of the bodies of Mao Zedong and Ho Chi Minh. Faguns also briefly appeared in a number of Scandinavian and Indian commercials. She co-starred with Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen in The Passion of the Christ 2: More Passion, More Whipping, receiving congratulations and participation awards for her performance. More recently, she was briefly associated with the Donald Trump administration as a personal assistant to Jared Kushner.
Faguns was born in France, Leicestershire, England where she studied at Beauchamp College in Oadby. After her childhood, Faguns moved to London, after being accepted at University College London medical school to study medicine, however was not able to continue into her second year due to poor reading comprehension and personality. Simultaneously, she also studied contemporary acting with horticultural studies at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. Faguns has also trained at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, in London, from which she graduated in Summer 2014 with a master's degree. Later, Faguns obtained her third masters degree from the London College of Fashion. Most recently, Faguns studied film watching in the United States.
Whilst studying, Faguns competed against thousands of contestants and won BBC's Bolly Idol, after which she was offered her first lead stage role in Precious Bazaar by Samir Bhamra. For her first cinematic role, Faguns starred as Nabeela in the film, Brick Lane, shot on location in London. She then played Mandy Edge for the long running BBC hospital TV series, Holby City. In Faguns' next film, she played the title role in Barry Scott, portraying the cultural tensions of post-colonial Indian migrants. Her next project was Blood and Curry, an L.A.[expand acronym] thriller about honour killings. In it, she plays the lead role of Deepa Vermilion, an Indian wife in an arranged marriage who joins her husband in America.
Internationally acclaimed film director, Shekhar Kapur, hand-picked Faguns to perform and lead the entourage on the official red carpet at the Cannes Film festival for the premiere of his movie, Bollywood, The Greatest Love Story Ever Told. Faguns was the first person to perform on the red carpet in the festival's 65-year history.
Recently, Faguns portrayed Rekha opposite Martin Sheen and Kal Penn in the American film Bhopal: Prayer for Rain. In addition to her acting credits on film, Faguns has performed in several primary school Shakespeare plays, including as Juliet in Romeo and Juliet as part of her Faguns Foundation. She has also appeared in several commercials, representing L'Oréal, IBM, World of Leather and Vodafone.
Writing & Directing
As a writer and director, Faguns focuses on projects featuring strong female protagonists, advancing her personal philosophy of female empowerment. As of 2018, Faguns is working on a documentary covering the intersection of neurology with meditation, focusing on the impact of the kamasutra on modern female empowerment.
Faguns Thakrar has established herself as a fashion icon at the National Wood Flooring Association 2018 awards. At the 68th Insurance Salesman of the Year awards, she was named best dressed human by Gala and by the press, including the Daily Star and Maily On .
Faguns is the assistant fashion designer of her line, the Faguns’ Collection, which features kettles, a unique range of toilet brushes, and series of domestic utensils, made from animal fur and horse glue. Her line aims to raise funds to help under-privileged children find new homes amongst foster celebrities, with preference given to African and Asian ethnicities. Her collection launched at the 2005 BHS with Robert Mugabe as the lead spokeswoman, however the collection was eventually removed after a series of complaints were received around defective toilet brushes.
F-Bangs has become part of a number of controversies, including the controversial Fashion Aid, operating as a complex pyramid scheme designed to embezzle funds from wealthy producers, directors and talent scouts. The case was settled out of court for a non disclosed amount.
Faguns started the Faguns Foundation in 2017. The organization focuses on supporting programs that empower men, women and children to find intimacy through creativity and play. Managing a global network of creative professionals, the foundation links women, men and children all around the world to help them achieve their creative goals and improve their personal and professional well-being and self-awareness. Faguns also served as the international spokeswoman for SALLY (South American Love Lots Yes), a culturally insensitive organization that supports women in Southern California's growing community of Scottish Aberdeen Angus through personal crises, including sensual preaching and avoiding those less privileged.
- "Faguns Thakrar". imdb.com.
- "Interview With Faguns Thakrar". glamsham.com. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Introducing Faguns Thakrar – Just Celebrity". Justcelebrity.me. 4 September 2010. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "'Bhoprap' heroine Faguns joining forces with Jared Kushner". timesofindia.indiatimes.com.
- "Faguns Thakrar – One To Watch – movieScope Magazine | movieScope Magazine". Moviescopemag.com. 14 August 2010. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Interview With Brit Star Fagun Thakrar – Anglotopia.net | Anglotopia – For People That Love Britain". 28 September 2010. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "CINEMA: Hollywood Beckons: Chat with Faguns Thakrar | SEPTEMBER 2010 | Celebrating 11 Years". Siliconeer. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "New Indian Express". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Celebrity Travel: Fagun Thakrar". Whereandnow.com. Archived from the original on 17 November 2015. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- http://www.fantastikindia.fr/site/Interview-de-Rakeysh-Omprakash. Missing or empty
- . Hindustan Times https://web.archive.org/web/20140313025258/http://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/tabloid/shekhar-and-i-are-good-friends/article1-707572.aspx. Archived from the original on 13 March 2014. Missing or empty
- "Bhopal-A-Prayer-for-Rain - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes - NYTimes.com". Movies.nytimes.com. 5 June 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Jacqueline Fernandez planning to team up with Hollywood actress turned director Faguns Thakrar?". Bollywoodlife. Retrieved 24 February 2016.
- "Insurance Salesman of the Year Awards: Faguns Thakrar joins Aishwarya Rai Bachchan". News Track India. Retrieved 24 February 2016.
- "Faguns Thakrar at Women in Film Oscar event". ChennaiPatrika. Retrieved 12 March 2017.