8 August 1982
Ernakulam, Kerala, India
|Residence||Alappuzha, Kerala, India|
|Occupation||Film actor, producer|
|Years active||2002, 2009–present|
|Spouse(s)||Nazriya Nazim (2014 - present)|
|Relatives||Farhaan Faasil (brother)|
Fahadh Faasil is an Indian film actor known for his work in Malayalam cinema. Fahadh made his debut at the age of 20 in his father Fazil's Kaiyethum Doorath (2002). After a gap of six years, Fahadh made his comeback in cinema with the anthology film Kerala Cafe (2009). His notable films include Chaappa Kurishu (2011), Diamond Necklace, 22 Female Kottayam (2012), Amen, Artist, Annayum Rasoolum, North 24 Kaatham (2013), Bangalore Days, and Iyobinte Pusthakam (2014). He won the Kerala State Film Awards twice: Best Actor Award for his roles in Artist and North 24 Kaatham and Second Best Actor Award for his role in Akam.
Fahadh is the son of Malayalam film director Fazil, and his wife Rozina. He has two sisters, Ahameda and Fatima, and a brother, Farhaan Faasil. He completed his schooling from SDV Central School Alleppey, Lawrence School Ooty and Choice School Thripunithara. He went on to pursue his degree from Sanatana Dharma College Alleppey and M.A. in philosophy from the University of Miami.
Fahadh's first film, Kaiyethum Doorath (2002) was directed by his father, director Fazil and failed at the box office. Fahadh later defended his father, stating "don't blame my father for my failure because it was my mistake and I came into acting without any preparation". After his debut, he moved to the United States for five years, where he pursued his studies, before returning in 2009 to act in the film Kerala Cafe (2009), conceived by director Ranjith. At Ranjith's behest, director Uday Ananthan cast Fahad in his Mrityunjayam, one of the 10 shorts in the film. He played the role of a journalist in the Mrityunjayam, a ghost film set on a spooky old 'Mana'. He was chosen to costar in B. Unnikrishnan's Pramani. He then appeared as a business head in the thriller Cocktail (2010). His next film Tournament was also a thriller .
His performance in Sameer Thahir's directorial debut Chappa Kurishu, a thriller in which he appeared as the head of a construction business was much appreciated. "Arjun – my character in Chappa Kurishu is not a role that an actor gets often. I am very lucky and very fortunate," Fahad said. He shot a long kissing scene with his co-star Remya Nambeesan in the film — supposedly the first ever in Malayalam cinema — which upon release was termed controversial.
Fahadh's next film, Akam, a contemporary adaptation of Malayatoor Ramakrishnan's psycho-thriller novel Yakshi, had him playing Srinivas, a young architect, who starts suspecting that his beautiful wife is a yakshi. "Playing Srinivas was like re-inventing myself. We had a workshop before shooting began and I had ample opportunity to explore the nuances of the character. In the process of re-inventing Srinivas, I re-invented myself," said Fahadh. The film premiered at the Dubai International Film Festival. 22 Female Kottayam, a revenge film had him playing a negative character. In his next film, Lal Jose's Diamond Necklace, he played the role of an oncologist working in Dubai and the film centred on the doctor's relationship with three different women.
In June 2012, a case was registered against Fahadh by the Kochi Town Central Police for violation of the rule against public display of images of smoking. A poster of Diamond Necklace that showed him smoking a cigarette had been on display before the Kavitha Theatre in Kochi since the film was released.
In his next film, Lijin Jose's Friday, he acted as an auto rickshaw driver. The same year, he appeared in The Day of Judgement, one of the three featurettes from the portmanteau film D Company. His other films were cinematographer Rajeev Ravi's directorial debut Annayum Rasoolum, Lijo Jose Pellissery's Amen, V. K. Prakash's Natholi Oru Cheriya Meenalla and Salam Bappu's directorial debut Red Wine. Amen was a notable success both critically and commercially and was touted as one of the best films of the year while Annayum Rasoolum managed to be a hit.
On 20 January 2014, he got engaged to Malayalam and Tamil film actress Nazriya Nazim whom he married on 21 August 2014. The pair had gotten to know each other more on the sets of Anjali Menon's Bangalore Days (2014), in which they were playing a husband and wife. Fahadh revealed that their parents had been pivotal in arranging the marriage.
|1992||Pappayude Swantham Appoos||Child in the Party in Appu's House|
|2002||Kaiyethum Doorath||Sachin Madhavan|
|2009||Kerala Cafe||Journalist||Segment: Mrityunjayam|
|Best of Luck||As Himself||Cameo appearance|
|2012||Padmasree Bharat Dr. Saroj Kumar||Alex Samuel|
|22 Female Kottayam||Cyril C. Mathew|
|Diamond Necklace||Dr. Arun Kumar|
|Natholi Oru Cheriya Meenalla||Preman and Narendran|
|Red Wine||C V Anoop|
|5 Sundarikal||Ajmal||Segment: Aami|
|North 24 Kaatham||Harikrishnan|
|D Company||Dr.Sunil Mathew||Segment: Day of Judgement|
|Oru Indian Pranayakadha||Aymanam Siddharthan|
|2014||1 by Two||Yousef Marikkar|
|God's Own Country||Manu Krishna|
|Bangalore Days||Shiva Das|
|Money Ratnam||Neil John Samuel|
|Iyobinte Pustakam||Aloshy||Also producer|
- 2012: Best Actor - 22 Female Kottayam
- 2013: Best Actor - North 24 Kaatham
- 2014: Nominated, Best Supporting Actor - Bangalore Days
- 2012: Youth Icon of the Year
- 2014: Performer of the Year
- 2013: Critics Award for Best Actor - Diamond Necklace
- 2014: Nominated, Best Actor - North 24 Kaatham
- Nita Sathyendran (4 August 2011). "Second innings". The Hindu.
- "Malayalam Actor Fahad Fazil (Fahadh Faasil) Family Pics".
- Vijay George. "The new generation hero". The Hindu.
- "After marriage my priority is family: Fahad Fazil". Indo-Asian News Service. 8 February 2014.
- "I failed in my first attempt, not my father: Fahad". NDTV (7 May 2012). Retrieved 13 June 2012.
- "Second innings". The Hindu. Retrieved 23 March 2013
- "Fahad Fazil, actor". The New Indian Express.
- "Second innings". The Hindu (3 August 2011). Retrieved 13 June 2012.
- Keerthy Ramachandran. (18 July 2011). 'Risque'-taking Remya Nambeesan". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "Fahadh Fazil making waves in Mollywood". The Times of India (24 April 2012). Retrieved 13 June 2012.
- "Case against actor". The Hindu (15 June 2012). Retrieved 15 June 2012.
- "Friday: Another with multi narrative aspect". IBN Live. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "Fahadh to play an action hero". The Times of India. 13 May 2013. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- Deepa Gauri (26 December 2013). "The best of Malayalam cinema in 2013" Khaleej Times. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "Annayum Rasoolum is the first Malayalam hit of the year". IBN Live. 23 January 2013. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "Fahad Fazil and Nazriya get engaged". Sify.
- "PIX: Malayalam actor Fahadh Faasil weds Nazriya Nazim". Rediff. 21 August 2014.
- "Fahad Fazil weds Nazriya". The Hindu. Press Trust of India. 21 August 2014.
- "Why Fahadh fell for Nazriya". Bangaloremirror. 20 January 2014
- "Wedding bells for Fahadh and Nazriya!". Sify. 20 January 2014
- "The audience has changed; I havenâ€™t: Fahadh Faasil". The Times of India. 1 April 2013. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- Athira M. (28 March 2013). "Art of romance". The Hindu. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Fahadh teams up with Radhika Apte in `Haram`". Sify.
- "Kerala State film awards announced!". Sify.com. July 19, 2012. Retrieved July 26, 2015.
- Sangeetha Seshagiri (April 24, 2014). "Kerala State Film Awards: Mohanlal's 'Drishyam', Fahadh, Lal and Suraj Bag Awards". Retrieved July 26, 2015.
- "Filmfare Awards (South) winners list 2012". The Times of India. Retrieved July 26, 2015.
- "Filmfare Awards (South) winners list 2013". The Times of India. Retrieved July 26, 2015.
- "62nd Filmfare Awards South 2015 Nominations". Daily India. June 4, 2015. Retrieved July 26, 2015.
- "Asianet Film Awards 2012 winners list". Oneindia.in. Retrieved July 26, 2015.
- Sudish Kamath. "Stars in Sharjah". The Hindu. Retrieved July 26, 2015.
- Shekhar (July 26, 2015). "SIIMA Awards 2014 Nominations List of Telugu Movies". OneIndia. Retrieved July 22, 2014.