Nabi in 2018
ফাহমিদা নবী নুমা
Fahmida Nabi (born 4 January) is a Bangladeshi singer. She usually vocalize classical and modern-style songs. She also sang songs of Rabindra Sangeet and Nazrul. Fahmida Nabi was a judge for the reality music show CloseUp-1 a reality show of popular talent hunt. CloseUp-1 reality show shortly after its introduction the program attained huge popularity among the audience, becoming one of the most watched programs in television. In 2007, she received National Film Award for Best Playback Singer. She also received Channel i Performance Award (2008) and the Meril-Prothom Alo Award (2008). Fahmida Nabi is an ambassador of Bangladesh Center for Communication Programs (BCCP). She is the daughter of singer Mahmudun Nabi, and the elder sister of singer Samina Chowdhury.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Discography
- 4 Awards
- 5 References
Nabi was born on 4 January in Dinajpur district of Bangladesh. Her nickname was Numa.
Nabi's solo career started in 1979 and has spanned over three decades. She sings primarily classical and modern Bengali songs. Besides that, she sings Rabindra Sangeet and Nazrul Sangeet. Her first album is Tumi Tulonahina. On 15 January 2011, she released a solo album titled Akash O Shamudra Aupar, which features 10 songs written and tuned by Selim Al Deen. Her first duet album entitled Ek Mutho Gaan-1 (released in 2006) was recorded with Bappa Mazumder. Fahmida Nabi and Bappa Majumder's second studio album Ek Mutho Gaan-2 was released on the Valentine's Day in 2010. Fahmida Nabi's Rabindra Sangeet album Amar Bela Je Jay was a classic hit.
Mixed and solo albums
|Year||Album Title||Co-artist(s)||Music Composer||Lyricist(s)||Presents by||Notes|
|2015||Shada Kalo||Shan||Agnibina||Solo Modern Music Music|
|2016||Akash O Shomudra Opar||-||Bappa Mazumdar||Agnibina||Solo|
|2007||Aha!||Deb Joti Misra||Enamul Karim Narim Nirjhar||Laser Vison||Movie Song|
|2009||Thamche Ki?||Mehrin, SI Tutul, Milon Mahmud, Sajib, Proma||Laser Vison|
|2014||Amare Chuiachile||Partha Mazumder||Music||Nazrul Geeti Album|
|Nil Jhinuk er Kham||Rupangkor Bagchi||Laser Vison||Duet, Bangla modern song|
|2018||Vul Kore Bhalobeshechi||Bengal Foundation||Solo Modern|
|Ek Mutho Gan||Bappa Mazumder||Agnibina||Bangla modern song|
|Nichok Shwapno||Khaled||Tanvir Tarek||Fahim Music||Solo, Bangla Modern song|
|Ek Mutho Gan 2||Bappa Mazumdar||Laser Vison||Duet, Bangla Modern song|
|2017||Shopno Golpo||Tomal||Laser Vison||Solo, Modern Song|
|2015||Tumi Ovimane||Golam Morshed||Laser Vison||Solo, Modern Song|
|2010||Tobu Brishti Chai||Laser Vison||Solo|
|2016||Kotota Amar Tumi||Kumar Biswajit||Joy Shahriar||Ajob Records||Duet|
|Rong Berong er Manush||Tomal||Golam Morshed, Ahsan Kabir, Polash Mahbub, Tarik Mahmud, Akash and Srabon||Agnibina||Solo, Modern Song|
|2014||Icche Hoy||Nokib Khan, Pilu Khan||Julfiquer Rasel||Solo, Modern Song|
|Onuvutir Choagulo||Subir Nandi||Duet|
|Tin Tara||Ferdous Wahid, Agun Lyrics||Shahrid Belal||Adbox||Mixed|
|Gan Bondhu||Lucky Akhand, Bappa Mazumder, Nisho||Golam Morshed||Laser Vison||Mixed|
|Rabi Babur Gan||Bappa Mazumder, Juel, Sondipon, Said Hasan Tipu, Ajay MItra, Arnab Mitra, Nirjhar Choudhury, Shayla Rahaman||Laser Vison||Mixed, Rabindra|
|2013||Aay Bhalobasha||Lee'Mon, Al Amin||Agnibina||Mixed|
|2016||Dupurer Ekla Pakhi||Bengal Foundation||Solo, Modern Bangla|
|Tumi Ki Sei Tumi||Soundtek||Solo|
|2007||Amar Bela Je Jay||Impress Audio Vision||Solo, Rabindra Music|
|Jipshi Meghe||Shahnaz Rahamatullah, Abida Sultana, Bappa Mazumder, Rizia Parvin, Mizan, Akhi Alomgir, Alam Ara Minu, Rupom, SI Tutul, Santu Concept||Dr. Iqbal||Shondha Brishti||Mixed|
|Nirbachita||Bappa Mazumder, Arifin Rumey, Kona, Shafiq Tuhin, Mahadi, Elita, Rumi, Priyanka Gope, Parvez||Prince Mahmud||Agnibina||Mixed|
|Surer Uttorshuri||Impress Audio Vision Ltd|
|2013||World Health Day Theme Song 2013||Fuad Ahmed Babu||Theme Song|
|2007||Ochena Valobasha||Bappa Mazumder, Shakila Jafar, SI Tutul, Toni, Tipu||Agnibina||Mixed|
|Karigori 1||Raz Azim, Shamim Ara Munni, Kamrun Nahar, Pilu, Shamima Afroj Shima and others||Anmol||Mixed|
- Meghla Mon
- Lukochuri Lukochuri Golpo
- Tumi Ki Shei Tumi
- Shada Kalo
- Akash Khule Boshe Achi
- Badoler Dintare
- Monta tomar
- Ami Akash Hobo
- Ichcheri batashe
- Fele Elam
- Bhul Kore Bhalobesechhi
- Ek Mutho Gaan
Nabi is one of the judges of CloseUp1, a reality TV show on NTV (Bangladesh) from 2005 to 2013. She runs a voice modulation institution named "Karigori" since 2007 and works as voice grooming facilitator for that institution. Fahmida Nabi is an ambassador of Bangladesh Center for Communication Programs (BCCP). She is a regular columnist at Bangla Tribune, a very popular on-line newspaper in Bangladesh.
Bangladesh National Film Award (2007)
Bangladesh National Film Award (2007) organized by ministry of information. Chief Adviser Dr. Fakhruddin Ahmed presented the awards at the Bangladesh- China Friendship Conference Centre on 23 October 2008. Nabi won the National Film Award as the Best Female Playback Singer in 2007 for her song "Lukochuri Lukochuri Golpo" in Bengali Film AHA.
The Lux Channel i Performance Award 2008
The Lux Channel i Performance Award 2008 was held with glitz and glamour. The star-studded affair took place in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates on 14 November 2008. A group of 65 celebrities attend the event, which was held at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium. Fahmida nabi awarded Best female singer on that function.
The Diamond World-Rtv Star Award-2014
The Diamond World-Rtv Star Award-2014 was held 8 March 2015, honouring the best of Rtv's programmes from 1 January to 31 December 2014. Fahmida Nabi got Best Female Singer of the year for her outstanding performance through the year.
Meril Prothom Alo Awards (2007)
Meril Prothom Alo Awards or Prothom Alo Awards is an annual Bangladeshi awards ceremony honouring cinematic achievements in Bangladeshi Film Industry. the awards are given everyyear at the Bangabandhu International Conference Center (BICC). Meril Prothom Alo Awards is Bangladesh's equivalent to America's Academy Awards. Fahmida Nabi got best singer (Female) award 2007 for her song lukochuri golpo from movie Aha!
9th Citycell-Channel i Music Awards
The biggest award ceremony of Bangladeshi music, the 9th Citycell-Channel i Music Awards was held at the Al-Ahli stadium in Qatar's capital, Doha. Combining critics' choice and popular choice, a total of 18 awards will be given in various categories, including Rabindra Sangeet, Nazrul Sangeet, classical, folk, modern, film, band and fusion music, along with music direction, lyrics, cover design and music video. Fahmida Nabi also received Award for Best singer(Modern Song) in 9th Citycell Channel-i Music Award.
- Bangladesh Journalist Association Award 2006 for The Best Female Singer.
- BBC Popular Singer Award 2005.
- Bangladesh Film Journalist Association Award 2006 for The Best Female Singer.
- Bangladesh Journalist Association Award 2006 for The Best Female Singer.
- "Fahmida Nabi's Bond with Music". The Daily Star. 9 August 2014. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Akash O Shomudro Opar, a tribute to Selim Al Deen". Priyo News. Archived from the original on 12 August 2014. Retrieved 31 May 2011.
- "Fahmida Nabi and Tomal o n "Gaanalap"". The Daily Star. 3 March 2009. Retrieved 30 May 2011.
- "Fahmida Nabi | The Daily Star". The Daily Star.
- "National Film Awards for the last fours years announced". The Daily Star. 1 September 2008. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "THROUGH THE EYES OF FAHMIDA NABI". thedailystar.net. 31 March 2018. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- "Fahmida Nabi's album launched at Bengal Boi". The Daily Star. 19 February 2018. Retrieved 19 February 2018.
- "বাবা মাহমুদন্নবীর আদর্শকে সামনে রেখে সঙ্গীতে ক্যারিয়ার গড়েছেন ফাহমিদা নবী". BBC Bangla.
- "Fahmida Nabi Breathes Life into Al Deen's Lyrics". The Daily Star. 16 January 2011. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Fahmida Nabi`s new solo Shada Kalo". thedailynewnation.com. 17 August 2015. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- "Fahmida Nabi - Akash O Shomudro Full Album Download". music.com.bd.
- "Bappa and Fahmida's musical offering for Valentine's Day". The Daily Star. 13 February 2010. Retrieved 31 May 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 27 November 2012. Retrieved 7 March 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Fahmida Nabi teams up with Close Up-1 stars". The Daily Star. 15 May 2010. Retrieved 30 May 2011.
- Shamin Mortada, Syeda (23 January 2009). "The other side of the story:Judging a talent show". The Daily Star. Retrieved 30 May 2011.
- "FAHMIDA NABI'S BOND WITH MUSIC". Daily Sun. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- "Fahmida Nabi - Bengal Foundation". Bengal Foundation. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- "Fahmida Nabi comes up with 16th solo album". daily-sun. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- "23 June 2012 - An Evening of Modern Songs by Ms. Fahmida Nabi at Indira Gandhi Cultural Centre at Gulshan in chittagong". Indira Gandhi Culture Centre, High Commission of India, chittagong. Retrieved 7 June 2018.