Jusufi with Partizan in 1966
|Full name||Fahrudin Jusufi|
|Date of birth||8 December 1939|
|Place of birth||Zli Potok, Kingdom of Yugoslavia|
|Date of death||9 August 2019(aged 79)|
|Place of death||Hamburg , Germany|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|1982–1985||SG Wattenscheid 09|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Fahrudin Jusufi (Serbian Cyrillic: Фахрудин Јусуфи, pronounced [fahrǔdin jǔsufi]; 8 December 1939 – 9 August 2019) was a Yugoslav footballer who most notably played for Partizan, Eintracht Frankfurt and the Yugoslav national team.
Jusufi was born into an ethnic Gorani family in the village of Zli Potok near Dragaš (Vardar Banovina, Kingdom of Yugoslavia). During his career, he played for FK Partizan, Eintracht Frankfurt, Germania Wiesbaden and FC Dornbirn, retiring in 1972. He was part of the Partizan squad when they became vice-champions of Europe after losing the 1966 European Cup Final against Real Madrid.
Personal life and death
In a 1991 interview for Serbian bi-weekly Tempo, Jusufi was asked if he is "experiencing any problems in regards to the current political situation" and "due to his ethnicity." Jusufi replied, "Why would I be experiencing any problems? I'm a Gorani, if that even interests anyone."
- IN MEMORIAM Preminuo Fahrudin Jusufi, legendarni član "Partizanovih beba"
- "Season 1965-66 and squad details". europeancuphistory.com. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "Jusufi, Fahrudin" (in German). kicker.de. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
"Reprezentativci: Jusufi Fahrudin". reprezentacija.rs (in Serbo-Croatian). 9 August 2019. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "Yugoslavia at the 1960 Roma Summer Games". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 9 August 2019.
- "Goranac sam. Ako to uopšte nekog i interesuje" (in Serbo-Croatian) (1338). Tempo (Serbia magazine). 16 October 1991. p. 14.
- "Sascha Jusufi | Verein | Spielerprofil | Karriere beendet | 1990/91". kicker (in German). Retrieved 10 August 2019.
- "Фахрудин Јусуфи 1939-2019". FK PARTIZAN (in Serbian). Retrieved 9 August 2019.
- "ERIC BATTY’S WORLD XI – THE SIXTIES" Retrieved on 17 June 2016