|Industry||Video game industry|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Liam Welton, Chris Gardiner, Henry Senior|
Number of employees
Failbetter Games is a British video game and interactive fiction studio founded in January 2010. Failbetter is chiefly known for its Fallen London Victorian Gothic franchise (comprising, to date, the Fallen London and Silver Tree browser games and the Sunless Sea video game), which has garnered a cult following. Failbetter was also commissioned by BioWare to build a browser-game prologue for Dragon Age: Inquisition, and by UK publisher Harvill Secker to create a puzzle game to accompany The Night Circus.. The studio has consistently won acclaim for the quality of its writing, world-building and storytelling.
- "How a cult-hit browser game spawned the dark world of 'Sunless Sea'". www.theverge.com.
- "The Last Court". PC Games N.
- O'Hara, Jan (September 9, 2011). "Author Interview at Writer Unboxed (Part II)". Writer Unboxed. Retrieved January 4, 2012.
- Khan, Yasmeen (September 1, 2011). "The Night Circus". Failbetter Games. Retrieved January 4, 2012.
- "Best Words of 2014". Rock Paper Shotgun.
- "The City and the Sea". Eurogamer.