FairSearch is a group of organizations that lobby against Google's market dominance in online search and related practices. The group is controlled by Oracle and Naspers executives and has been characterized as a consumer protection organization, a Google watchdog, as well as a front group for Microsoft. Many of its other members are also Google competitors, such as Expedia and Oracle.
Established in October 2010, FairSearch was formed by travel verticals and online travel agencies to oppose Google’s acquisition of travel software firm ITA followed by Microsoft in December that same year. In September 2012 Oracle and Nokia joined in filing a complaint regarding Android with the European Commission, alleging that its free-of-charge distribution model constituted anti-competitive predatory pricing.
From at least 2011 to at least 2014, former US attorney general Patrick Lynch was working with the Digital Citizens Alliance, sending messages to US attorneys and encouraging them to investigate Google.
- "Oracle and Naspers' stealth lobbying fight against Google". POLITICO. 2018-02-16. Retrieved 2018-02-19.
- Sherman, Chris (September 21, 2011). "Do The Majority Of Americans Think Google Is Unfair?". Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- Savov, Vlad (April 12, 2013). "What is FairSearch and why does it hate Google so much?". Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- Keizer, Gregg (Apr 9, 2013). "Microsoft not fooling anyone by using FairSearch front in antitrust complaint against Google". Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "Former Attorney General Lynch Calling for Google Investigation". The New York Times. December 17, 2014. Retrieved July 25, 2015.
- Carlos Perez, Juan (12 October 2011). "Google probed by industry pressure group FairSearch.org". Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- WASSERMAN, ELIZABETH (24 February 2011). "DOJ threatens to nix Google merger". Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- Sterling, Greg (December 15, 2010). "Microsoft Joins FairSearch Group Opposing Google-ITA Acquisition". Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- Sasso, Brendan (19 September 2012). "Oracle and Nokia join anti-Google lobbying group". Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "Former Attorney General Lynch anti google emails". nytimes.com/. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
|This business-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|