within Fairbanks Township, Saint Louis County
|Elevation||1,654 ft (504 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||661243|
The community lies 18 miles southeast of the city of Hoyt Lakes on Saint Louis County Highway 16. CR 16 serves as a direct east–west route in northeast Minnesota between U.S. Highway 53 and Silver Bay. Fairbanks is located 36 miles northwest of the city of Two Harbors.
Cadotte Lake and Bassett Lake are in the vicinity.
- "Fairbanks, Minnesota". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "St. Louis County". Jim Forte Postal History. Archived from the original on 15 January 2016. Retrieved 7 August 2015.
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 482.
- Rand McNally Road Atlas – 2007 edition – Minnesota entry
- Official State of Minnesota Highway Map – 2011/2012 edition
|This article about a location in St. Louis County, Minnesota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|