|Traded as||NYSE: WYN
S&P 500 Component
New Jersey, United States
|Stephen Holmes (Chairman & CEO)
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
|Footnotes / references
Wyndham Hotel Group
Wyndham Hotel Group offers brands in lodging franchising, vacation ownership, vacation rentals and vacation exchange. It is composed of nearly 7,400 hotels under 15 brands spanning 66 countries in six continents, competing in brand markets ranging from economy to upscale. Wyndham Worldwide is headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey and has more than 40,000 employees around the world. Lodging management services are provided to upscale properties through Wyndham Hotel Management.
In early 2008, Global Hyatt Corporation announced that the Wyndham Worldwide Group would purchase US Franchise Systems, Inc., owner of the Microtel and Hawthorn Suites brands, for $150 million. The transaction closed July 21, 2008. US Franchise Systems had previously sold the America's Best Inn (formerly Best Inns) chain to the Country Hearth Inns chain in 2005. That holding company is now known as America's Best Franchising Inc.
In 2010, Wyndham Worldwide acquired the TRYP hotel brand from Sol Meliá Hotels & Resorts of Spain. The brand, subsequently renamed Tryp by Wyndham, is positioned as a "select-service, midmarket" brand representing approximately 13,000 rooms and caters to business and leisure travelers in cosmopolitan cities including Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Lisbon, New York, Frankfurt, Montevideo, Buenos Aires, São Paulo, Istanbul, etc.
Wyndham Hotel Group brands
Wyndham Hotel Group includes 15 brands including:
Wyndham Franchisee Association
Wyndham Worldwide's franchisees have formed an independent association called Owners 8 Association to present their concerns and grievances to Wyndham Worldwide. The association has argued that individual franchisees have currently limited role in Wyndham's decision making.
Wyndham Hotel Group's Former CEO Eric A. Danziger, in an interview in 2009 with Asian Indian Hotel Owners magazine, emphasized that Wyndham maintains cordial relationship with franchisees. He also stated that each of Wyndham brands maintain an advisory board of individual property owners.
Wyndham Rewards (formerly known as TripRewards) is a branded, points-based rewards program for frequent travelers, featuring over 7,700 participating hotels worldwide. It also features a Wyndham Rewards Credit Card which allows owners to build up 2-13 points per USD to offset costs of maintenance in regards to vacation ownership. It currently holds the highest return of all rewards programs and the highest offset yield.
Wyndham Vacation Ownership
Wyndham Vacation Ownership, headquartered in Orlando, Florida, is the largest vacation ownership program in the world. It includes a network of 213 properties, 25,000 individual units, and over 925,000 property owners. Locations are in North America, the Caribbean, and the South Pacific. Wyndham Vacation Ownership includes marketing and sales of vacation ownership interests, consumer financing in conjunction with the purchase of vacation ownership interests, property management services to property owners' associations, and development and acquisition of vacation ownership resorts.
Wyndham Vacation Ownership brands
- Club Wyndham
- Club Wyndham Asia
- Margaritaville Vacation Club
- Shell Vacations Club
- WorldMark by Wyndham
- WorldMark South Pacific Club by Wyndham
- Wyndham Club Brasil
- Wyndham ® Extra Holidays 
Wyndham Destination Network
Wyndham Exchange and Rentals officially changed its name to Wyndham Destination Network on January 1, 2016, and operates over 110,000 vacation properties worldwide in more than 100 countries.
Wyndham Exchange and Rentals brands
Wyndham has been the focus of several investigations regarding their sales practices. Most recently in Pennsylvania . The Real Estate Commission for Pennsylvania fined Wyndham and their broker at their Shawnee-on-Delaware location, Craig Roberts, a total of $15,000. Eight months earlier, Wyndham settled similar allegations in Wisconsin paying $655,000 in restitution to 29 consumers. A San Francisco jury awarded $20 million to Trish Williams, a former Wyndham timeshare sales representative, who was wrongfully terminated for reporting time share fraud on the elderly (San Francisco Superior Court Case No. CGC-12-526187). The verdict, read late on Thursday, November 17, 2016 …
- "WYNDHAM WORLDWIDE CORP 2013 Annual Report Form (10-K)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. February 14, 2014.
- "WYNDHAM WORLDWIDE CORP 2014 Q1 Quarterly Report Form (10-Q)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. April 24, 2014.
- "Wyndham Worldwide Corporation". Google Finance. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Wyndham Worldwide: At a Glance". Wyndham Worldwide. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Contact Us." Wyndham Worldwide. Retrieved on August 3, 2009.
- "Wyndham Worldwide: Company Profile". Wyndham Worldwide. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Getting to Know Wyndham Hotel Group". Wyndham Hotel Group website. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on June 4, 2013. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Wyndham Hotel Group to Acquire Tryp Hotel Brand from Sol Meliá". Wyndham Worldwide Press Releases. Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- "Wyndham Worldwide Corp (WYN)". Reuters. Retrieved December 25, 2014.
- "Super8 Owners Form Association". . 2008-03-30. Retrieved 2008-05-04. External link in
- "Wyndham appreciates the role of Asian Indian Hotel Owners". Hotel Vikas. 2009-01-30. Archived from the original on February 21, 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- "Wyndham Rewards Program Review". U.S. News. Retrieved December 25, 2014.
- "Wyndham Timeshares". VacationOwnership.com. Retrieved December 25, 2014.
- "Wyndham Worldwide: Wyndham Vacation Ownership". Wyndham Worldwide. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Wyndham ® Extra Holidays".
- "Wyndham Exchange and Rentals". Wyndham Worldwide. Retrieved 20 November 2015.