Fairfield Township, Columbiana County, Ohio
|Fairfield Township, Columbiana County, Ohio|
The Hiram Bell Farmstead, a historic house in Fairfield Township
Location of Fairfield Township in Columbiana County
|• Total||35.9 sq mi (92.9 km2)|
|• Land||35.8 sq mi (92.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||1,165 ft (355 m)|
|• Density||276/sq mi (106.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085893|
Fairfield Township is one of the eighteen townships of Columbiana County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census reported 9,890 people living in the township, 4,101 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Beaver Township, Mahoning County - north
- Springfield Township, Mahoning County - northeast corner
- Unity Township - east
- Middleton Township - southeast corner
- Elkrun Township - south
- Center Township - southwest corner
- Salem Township - west
- Green Township, Mahoning County - northwest corner
One city and one village are located in Fairfield Township:
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Fairfield township, Columbiana County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Remainder of Fairfield township, Fairfield township, Columbiana County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Cranmer, Gibson Lamb (1891). History of the upper Ohio Valley. 2. Madison, Wisconsin: Brant & Fuller. p. 22.
- Mack, Horace. History of Columbiana County, Ohio: With Illustrations and Biographical Sketches of Some of Its Prominent Men and Pioneers. N.p.: Unigraphic, 1879. Print.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.