Fairfield Township, Tippecanoe County, Indiana
Location in Tippecanoe County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||28.06 sq mi (72.7 km2)|
|• Land||27.57 sq mi (71.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.49 sq mi (1.3 km2) 1.75%|
|Elevation||673 ft (205 m)|
|• Density||1,854/sq mi (716/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
47901, 47904, 47905, 47906, 47909
|GNIS feature ID||453286|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 28.06 square miles (72.7 km2), of which 27.57 square miles (71.4 km2) (or 98.25%) is land and 0.49 square miles (1.3 km2) (or 1.75%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Lafayette (north three-quarters)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Tippecanoe Township (north)
- Washington Township (northeast)
- Perry Township (east)
- Sheffield Township (southeast)
- Wea Township (south)
- Union Township (southwest)
- Wabash Township (northwest)
The township contains ten cemeteries: Davis, Greenbush, Isley, Lafayette City Burial Grounds, Rest Haven Memorial Park, Sons of Abraham, Spring Vale, Saint Boniface, Saint Joseph's, Saint Marys and Temple Israel.
Airports and landing strips
- Aretz Airport (Closed since 1999)
- Lafayette School Corporation
- Tippecanoe School Corporation
- Indiana's 4th congressional district
- State House District 26
- State House District 27
- State House District 41
- State Senate District 07
- State Senate District 22
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- United States National Atlas
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.