Fairhills High School
|Fairhills High School|
|Colour(s)||Purple, green and black|
Fairhills runs classes for all secondary education levels but at a number of different streams, depending on the skills of each student. The mainstream classes are the standard classes. The enhanced classes are for students who wish to and are capable of progressing faster for that subject by doing advanced learning. The bridge classes are for students who need extra learning assistance in mathematics or English. Students can also apply to join the SEAL (Select Entry Accelerated Learning) Program which places them in enhanced classes so they complete the first three-year levels of secondary education within Year 7 and 8, allowing them to do VCE level studies in Years 10, 11 and 12.
- 2005: 1st place for Victoria, 3rd place nationally.
- 2006: 2nd place for Victoria, 6th place nationally.
- 2007: 2nd place for Victoria, 3rd place nationally.
- 2008: 1st place for Victoria, 5th place nationally.
- 2009: 1st place for Victoria, national finalist.
- 2010: 2nd place in the VicMoves competition.
- 2012: 1st place draw for Victoria, national finalist.
Each year, the school performs a musical with students participating from all year levels. Performing arts is also taught as part of the curriculum.
Fairhills also offers students access to the Knox Innovation Opportunity and Sustainability Centre (KIOSC) on the Wantirna campus of Swinburne University. This exposes them to practical exercises related to science and technology. In 2013, the Wantirna campus was designated as a second campus for Fairhills, whilst still being part of Swinburne.
- "SEAL - Select Entry Accelerated Learning" (PDF). SEAL brochure. Fairhills High School. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "LOTE - Language Other Than English". LOTE (Language Other Than English). Fairhills High School. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "Rock Eisteddfod". Rock Eisteddfod. Fairhills High School. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "Performing arts". Performing arts. Fairhills High School. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "KIOSC". KIOSC. Fairhills High School. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
|This article related to a Victoria (Australia) school is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|