Fairhope High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Fairhope High School|
|Color(s)||Blue & Yellow Gold|
Clubs and Activities
A wide variety of clubs some include: Chess Club, FCCLA, A Christian Prayer group known as First Prority, The Girls Service Club, Interact, Honors Society, and Key Club.
The Pirates compete in the AHSAA's largest classification, 7A. Fairhope annually fields teams in football, baseball, basketball, soccer, track, volleyball, cross country, golf, tennis, and swimming.
Each year, the football team plays Foley High School for the Blue-Gold trophy and the Daphne Trojans for the Jubilee Cup. Fairhope's biggest rivals are Foley and the Trojans of Daphne High School. Prior to division of student talent with Daphne High School, Fairhope was a perennial contender in many team sports and earned several state titles.
The 2006 win-loss record for the Fairhope Pirates football team was 3–8. The Pirates were 7–4 in 2004 and 6–5 in 2008. In 2009, the Pirates finished the regular season 10–0, with wins over both Daphne and Foley. However, Fairhope lost in the second round of the AHSAA 6A State Playoffs, finishing the season 11-1.
Fairhope has an established boys' and girls' soccer program with winning traditions. Fairhope's boys' soccer team won the 6A Alabama State Championship in 2009. Recently a new field was built across the street from the school (The Pirates used to play at the beloved "Founder's Park", which is not great at hosting these games)
The Pirates have gone to the AHSAA playoffs eight years in a row and won state championships in 1983 and 1984. The Pirates have also claimed the 6A Area 2 Championship two years running and finished this season 36-8, losing in the playoffs semifinals to the eventual state champions of Auburn High.
As of now (2015-16), the school enforces the following code:
-kaki, navy, or denim pants, skirts, or shorts that must be appropriate length
-A navy or white polo shirt, however most students prefer to wear one of the many t-shirts sold in the office for $15, these say "FHS" among other things.
-Accessories must match the Baldwin County Board of Education guidelines
- David King - NFL player
- Leon Lett - NFL Football Cowboys, All-Pro
- Eric Yelding - Former MLB player (Houston Astros, Chicago Cubs)
- Regina Benjamin - 18th Surgeon General of the United States
Schools that feed into Fairhope High include:
- Fairhope Middle School (6–8), 842 students, Principal Angie Hall
- J. Larry Newton School (K–6), 931 students, Principal Sullen Brazil.
- Fairhope Intermediate School (4–5), 697 students, Principal Carol Broughten.
- Fairhope Elementary School (2–3), 478 students, Principal Terry E. Beasley.
- Fairhope K-1 Center (K–1), 559 students, Principal Pat Carlton.
- "Alabama High School Football Class 6A Ratings and Standings". Alabama High School Athletic Association Website. Retrieved 2007-05-23.
- "Fairhope High School Sports - al.com". highschoolsports.al.com. Retrieved 2015-12-21.
- "Fairhope High School / Homepage". www.bcbe.org. Retrieved 2015-12-21.
- Fairhope High School Website
- Fairhope K-1 Center Website
- Fairhope Elementary School Website
- J Larry Newton Elementary Website
- Fairhope Middle School Website