Fairmont Preparatory Academy
|Fairmont Preparatory Academy|
|Motto||Inspiring minds. Empowering dreams|
|School district||Anaheim, California|
Fairmont Preparatory Academy is a private high school located in Anaheim, California. It is one of the campuses of the Fairmont Private Schools system. It has been an IB World School since August 1995.
Awards and recognition
For the 1990-91 school year, Fairmont Private Junior High School was recognized with the Blue Ribbon Award from the United States Department of Education, the highest honor that an American school can achieve. School officials were presented with a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence award at a White House event held on March 25, 1991, at a ceremony hosted by President of the United States George H. W. Bush and United States Secretary of Education Lamar Alexander.
Fairmont Middle and High School (later renamed Fairmont Preparatory Academy) opened for the 1993-1994 school year on the site of the Stanton estate, which includes a hacienda-style house built in 1929 by Col. Philip A. Stanton. The Phillip Ackley Stanton House building was entered in the National Register of Historic Places on November 21, 1980.
Fairmont Preparatory Academy has comparatively small class sizes. For example, its Anaheim, CA campus has a student/teacher ratio of 13.26.
Fairmont Private Schools
Founded in 1953, Fairmont Private Schools is the largest and oldest non-sectarian private school in Orange County. The Fairmont Schools consists of four campuses: Fairmont Preparatory Academy (9 - 12th grade), Anaheim Hills (pre-kindergarten - 8th grade), North Tustin (pre-kindergarten - 8th grade), and Historic Anaheim (preschool - 8th grade), which together aim to teach a consistent program from preschool through 12th grade.
- International Baccalaureate Organization: Fairmont Preparatory Academy Retrieved December 27, 2017.
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program: Schools Recognized 1982-1983 through 1999-2002 (PDF) Retrieved December 27, 2017.
- "President to Honor O.C. Private School", Los Angeles Times, September 21, 1991. pg. 3.
- Carla Rivera (March 8, 2009). "Proof of Anaheim math teacher's skill is in students' test scores". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 27, 2017.
- "ANAHEIM High School Opens in Former Mansion", Los Angeles Times, September 3, 1994. pg. 3.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Fairmont Preparatory Academy Statistics". Archived from the original on July 13, 2011. Retrieved November 9, 2009.
- Largest Public & Private High Schools in Orange County 2003-04 Retrieved December 27, 2017.
- "Fairmont campuses". Archived from the original on February 21, 2007. Retrieved November 18, 2006.
- Official website
- National Center for Education Statistics data for Fairmont Preparatory Academy (grades 1-6)
- National Center for Education Statistics data for Fairmont Preparatory Academy (grades 7-12)