This article does not cite any sources. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Former names||Raffles The Plaza (莱佛士大厦)|
|Alternative names||The Westin Plaza|
|Location||80 Bras Basah Road, Downtown Core, Singapore 189560|
|Owner||CapitaCommercial Trust and CapitaMall Trust|
|Management||Fairmont Hotels and Resorts|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||I. M. Pei with |
|Main contractor||SsangYong Group|
Fairmont Singapore (Chinese: 费尔蒙特酒店), formerly Raffles The Plaza (Chinese: 莱佛士大厦) is the sister hotel of Swissôtel The Stamford located within the Raffles City complex in Singapore. It has a total of 769 rooms and suites housed within two 26-storey towers. Opened as The Westin Plaza in 1986, the hotel was refurbished together with Swissôtel The Stamford, formerly known as the Westin Stamford, and was renamed Raffles The Plaza on January 1, 2002 and Fairmont Singapore on December 12, 2007 with a change in branding.
Both hotels are currently managed by Fairmont Raffles Hotels International. Fairmont Singapore currently houses one of Asia's largest spas - Willow Stream, formerly RafflesAmrita Spa, and shares all sports and recreation facilities with Swissôtel The Stamford. The hotel is connected to Swissôtel The Stamford, Raffles City, City Hall MRT Station, and CityLink Mall.
In 2005, the 117th IOC Session was held in the Raffles City Convention Centre, located in Raffles City. Most IOC members stayed in this hotel, as did several well-known figures who came to the city to support their cities' bids. In 2006, the hotel's service area in the basement became an expanded retail area of Raffles City with 50 new shops.
Restaurants at the Raffles City hotels
The food, beverage and spa outlets at both Fairmont Singapore and Swissôtel The Stamford are operated by the same management.
- Fairmont Singapore
- Alligator Pear
- Asian Market Cafe
- Szechuan Court and Kitchen
- Swissôtel The Stamford
- Clove (formerly Cafe Swiss)
- Kopi Tiam
- The Stamford Brasserie
- SKAI Bar
- JAAN by Kirk Westaway
- Bar Rouge Singapore
Raffles City Convention Centre
Offering cutting-edge facilities, the Raffles City Convention Centre provides a versatile range of 27 fully-equipped meeting rooms capable of accommodating events of all sizes. The state-of-the-art Executive Conference Centre with a satellite conference system featuring icon-based touch screen and advanced facilities is the preferred venue for global conferences.
The Fairmont Singapore adheres to the highest standards in service and quality – and our quest to provide guests with an exceptional experience has not gone unnoticed. Some of the accolades this hotel in Singapore has received include:
- Top 5 City Hotels in Singapore (Travel + Leisure's World's Best Awards 2019)
- Singapore's Leading Conference Hotel (World Travel Awards 2018)
- Top 25 Hotels in Singapore (TripAdvisor’s Travellers' Choice Awards 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016)
- Four-Star Rating (FORBES Travel Guide 2018, 2015, 2014)
- Best Wedding Venue (Singapore Tatler’s Best of Singapore 2017)
- BCA Green Mark Award 2017 (Gold) for Raffles City Convention Centre
- Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame (Five-Time Winner, TripAdvisor 2015)
- Best in Stay Award (Orbitz Worldwide 2015)
- Top 10 Hotels in Singapore (Condé Nast Travellers Reader's Choice Award 2015)
- Ranked #28 in the Best Hotels in Southeast Asia (Condé Nast Travellers Reader's Choice Award 2014)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fairmont Singapore.|