Fairmount Apartments (Jersey City, New Jersey)
|Location||2595 Kennedy Boulevard, Jersey City, New Jersey|
|Area||0.6 acres (0.24 ha)|
|Architect||Newman and Harris|
|Architectural style||Classical Revival, Bungalow/Craftsman|
|NRHP Reference #||95000183|
|Added to NRHP||March 3, 1995|
|Designated NJRHP||December 9, 1994|
The Fairmount Apartments, also known as the Grand Lady of Jersey City, are located in Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey, United States. The Apartments were added to the National Register of Historic Places on March 3, 1995. The Apartments are an example of an early twentieth century Arts and Crafts style apartments. The building consists of two L-shaped 4 1⁄2-story brick-and-concrete structures connected by a 1-story structure.
The Fairmount Apartments were designed by the firm of Newman and Harris. The eastern section was constructed in 1909 and the western section was built in 1912. There were 33 apartments in each section. The building was purchased in 1962 by Father Divine. The building was renovated in 1995 and currently has 59 apartments of senior residences.
- Bergen Section, Jersey City
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Hudson County, New Jersey
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- "New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places - Hudson County" (PDF). New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection - Historic Preservation Office. July 7, 2009. p. 6. Archived from the original (PDF) on July 5, 2010. Retrieved October 15, 2009.
- NJCU: JC AtoZ: Fairmount Hotel Accessed January 1, 2009.
- "IN THE REAL ESTATE FIELD; William F. Havemeyer Sells $600,000 Plot for Improvement -- Another Fourth Avenue Project -- Tucker Estate Auction Very Successful". The New York Times. March 4, 1909.
|This article about a property in New Jersey on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to the history of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|