Fairmount Township, Grant County, Indiana
Snowy fields in Fairmount Township
Location of Fairmount Township in Grant County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||30.47 sq mi (78.9 km2)|
|• Land||30.43 sq mi (78.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2) 0.10%|
|Elevation||873 ft (266 m)|
|• Density||139.3/sq mi (53.8/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453287|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 30.47 square miles (78.9 km2), of which 30.43 square miles (78.8 km2) (or 99.87%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.10%) is water. The streams of Back Creek, Winslow Ditch, Barren Creek, Fowlerton Drain, New Prairie Creek and Van Run run through this township. Lake Galatia, the southernmost natural lake in Indiana, lies in this township.
Cities and towns
- Mill Township (north)
- Jefferson Township (east)
- Washington Township, Delaware County (southeast)
- Van Buren Township, Madison County (south)
- Boone Township, Madison County (southwest)
- Liberty Township (west)
The township contains two cemeteries: Bethel and Park.
- "Fairmount Township, Grant County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
|This Grant County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|