Fairplay Township, Marion County, Kansas
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Marion County, Kansas
Location within Marion County
|• Total||45 sq mi (120 km2)|
|• Length||8.0 mi (12.9 km)|
|• Width||6.0 mi (9.7 km)|
|Elevation||1,371 ft (418 m)|
|• Density||1.1/sq mi (0.43/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−06:00 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−05:00 (CDT)|
|FIPS code||20-22350 |
|GNIS feature ID||477371 |
Fairplay Township covers an area of 45 square miles (116.5 km2).
Cities and towns
The township contains the following settlements:
- City of Florence (west part). The east part of Florence is located in Doyle Township.
- Ghost town of Oursler.
The township contains the following cemeteries:
- Allison Cemetery (no longer in use), located in Section 13 T21S R4E.
- St. Patrick's Catholic Cemetery (aka Mount Calvary Cemetery), located in Section 14 T21S R5E.
- "2010 Total Population - Township of Fairplay". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Township of Fairplay
- Marion County Cemetery List. Archived May 9, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- Marion County Highway Map; KSDOT.