Fairview Shores, Florida
|Fairview Shores, Florida|
Location in Orange County and the state of Florida
|• Total||3.6 sq mi (9.3 km2)|
|• Land||3.1 sq mi (7.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.5 sq mi (1.4 km2)|
|Elevation||89 ft (27 m)|
|• Density||2,900/sq mi (1,100/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0282340|
Fairview Shores is a census-designated place and an unincorporated area in Orange County, Florida, United States. The population was 10,239 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Orlando–Kissimmee–Sanford, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Fairview Shores is located at (28.598727, -81.390785).
As of the census of 2000, there were 13,898 people, 5,879 households, and 3,333 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 1,372.4/km² (3,550.8/mi²). There were 6,326 housing units at an average density of 624.7/km² (1,616.3/mi²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 78.09% White, 13.28% African American, 0.36% Native American, 2.72% Asian, 0.11% Pacific Islander, 3.14% from other races, and 2.30% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 9.43% of the population.
There were 5,879 households out of which 26.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 37.1% were married couples living together, 14.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 43.3% were non-families. 31.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.33 and the average family size was 2.97.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 23.1% under the age of 18, 7.8% from 18 to 24, 34.3% from 25 to 44, 20.8% from 45 to 64, and 14.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 97.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 93.4 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $35,399, and the median income for a family was $41,570. Males had a median income of $31,203 versus $26,221 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $19,918. About 9.4% of families and 13.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 20.0% of those under age 18 and 9.5% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Fairview Shores CDP, Florida". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved September 21, 2012.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Fairview Shores CDP, Florida". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved September 21, 2012.