From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up fairy in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Look up faerie in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A fairy is a spirit or supernatural being in late Medieval folklore and romance.
The word fairy (faery, faerie or faërie) may also mean:
Tradition and mythology
- Álfheimr, the "land of Faerie"
- The Faerie faith, a neopagan tradition
- The Fairy Flag, a Scottish heirloom
- Feri Tradition, a neopagan tradition
- Fairy, codename of Special Operations Executive Agent Yvonne Cormeau
Animals and plants
- Calypso (orchid) or fairy slipper, a species of orchid
- Fairy hummingbirds, in the genus Heliothryx
- Fairy tern, a bird
- Fairyfly, a wasp
- Little penguin, formerly known as "fairy penguin"
Art, entertainment, and media
- Faerie (DC Comics), a magical realm in the DC comics
- Fairy (Artemis Fowl), from the series Artemis Fowl
- Fairy dust
- Fairies (band), a Japanese girl group
- Fairies (British band), a 1960s British R&B band
- Sugarplum Fairies
- Sugarplum Fairy
Other art, entertainment, and media
- Fairy (brand), a detergent brand owned by Procter and Gamble
- Cottingley Fairies, a photographic hoax
- Fairy chess piece, an unorthodox piece in a chess variant
- Fairey (disambiguation)
- Fairy tale (disambiguation)
- Fairyland (disambiguation)
- Fay (disambiguation)
- Fey (disambiguation)
- List of beings referred to as fairies
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fairy.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.