Early life and education
He tried a variety of sports. On weekends in Australia, where he was studying, he practiced skiing and then snowboarding. He tried speed skating, but was told he would not be able to represent Iraq because the country had no ice rinks. In September 2004, he considered ski jumping but a coach refused to help him.
Faisal missed out on qualifying for the 2006 Winter Olympics after missing half of the Olympic season because of administrative challenges.
- Kekis, John (January 30, 2005). "Iraqi athlete excels in first skeleton competition". Associated Press. Retrieved January 6, 2010.
- PENNINGTON, BILL (January 27, 2005). "An Iraqi's Quest to Compete in the Winter Olympics". New York Times. Retrieved January 6, 2010.
- "Iraqi student's Olympic dream recedes". January 27, 2006. Retrieved January 6, 2010.
- Saslow, Eli (January 13, 2005). "Iraqi Slides Toward Olympics". Washington Post. Retrieved January 6, 2010.
- Sleuths erase online past Sydney Morning Herald, November 9, 2006
|This biographical article relating to skeleton racing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to Iraqi is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|