||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
|Native name||فیصل رحمان|
Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
|Years active||1980–1991, 1997–present|
Faisal Rehman commonly known as Faisal is a Pakistani film and television actor, writer and director. He has worked in 30 films and many television shows.
Faisal Rehman's ancestors hail from Afghanistan with roots in the Mohammadzai clan of Kabul belonging to Barakzai branch of the Durrani confederacy. His ancestors moved to India in 1905 during British Raj. He is a nephew of noted Bollywood actor, Rehman, and his brother Fasih Ur Rehman is a classical dancer, their father is cinematographer Massud-ur-Rehman.
Faisal did his secondary schooling at St. Anthony High School Lahore. He was only a 14-year-old boy when he landed his first role in Nazar-ul-Islam's film Nahi Abhi Nahi, also starring famous film actress Shabnam. Faisal continued doing films but didn't leave his academic life behind. He went to Forman Christian College and did Bachelors in English Literature from University of Punjab.
After his successful debut in Nahi Abhi Nahi, Rehman acted in numerous films for almost a decade. In early 1990s Rehman moved to Canada and lived there for 5 years. He lived in Montreal and learned French there. Rehman is fluent in speaking Persian, English, Punjabi and Urdu.
On his return to Pakistan he did two more feature films and acted in numerous television dramas and telefilms. The most recent which won him audience's appraisal was drama serial Malaal, directed by Mehreen Jabbar. Faisal portrayed the role of Danish, a possessive and shallow man who, on his mother's insistence marries a girl half his age and also keeps his friend, portrayed by Deepti Gupta, on her toes. The serial has recently been nominated for 10th Annual Lux Style Award in best serial's category.
He is also one of the founding members of "The Actors' Collective (ACT)", an association of actors, including film, theatre and televisions artists in Pakistan, established in 2009 and based in Lahore.
- 1980: Nahi Abhi Nahi
- 1981: Aladin, Yeh Zamana Aur Hay
- 1982: Biwi Ho To Aisee
- 1983: Nadani, Tina
- 1984: Love Story, Miss Colombo, Doorian
- 1985: Aaposh, Mehek, Naraaz, Jeenay Nahi Doon Gee, Palkon Ki Chaon Main
- 1986: Dhanak, Miss Singapore, Beqarar, Baat Baan Jay, Agar Tum Na Hotay
- 1987: Girebaan, Qasam Munnay Ki
- 1988: Chakkar, Bazar-e-Husn
- 1991: Aandhi, Piyaar Aur Pasa
- 1999: Ghadaar, Guns and Roses - Ik Junoon
- 1985: Miss Lanka (Pakistan-Bangladesh joint venture film)
|1999||Amma Abba Aur Ali||Amjad||PTV|
|Laal Baig||Doctor Sahab||PTV|
|2007||Manay Na Yeh Dill||Hum TV|
|2008||Aban Zafar||Zafar Mehmood||ARY Digital|
|2010||Tumharay Baad||Danish||Hum TV|
|1997||Shahpar||Flt Lt Hassan||PAF Drama|
|2000||Aur Zindagi Badalti Hai||Shehryar||PTV|
|2007||Maanay Na Ye Dil||Hum TV|
|Qissa-e-Ulfat||Himself||Mini-series on Aaj TV. Rehman played a novel reader along with Jia Ali.|
|Butter Flies||Faisal||Hum TV|
|Aik Lamha Chahiye||Ahmar||ATV|
|Chemistry||Professor Waqar||Geo TV|
|Aye Ishq Hamein Barbaad Na Kar||Imran||ARY Digital|
|2011||Badtameez||Javed Hayatt||ARY DIgital|
|2012||Zard Mausam||Waqar ul Hasan||Hum TV|
|Coke Kahani||Mir Asfand Jehangir||Hum TV, PTV, Urdu 1|
Geo TV Kamal Hassan Ranjish Hi Sahi
As a writer and director
- 2002: Kaali Shalwar – Rehman was the Co-writer and director for this film along with Bilal Minto. This telefilm is an adaptation of Sadat Manto's work and was produced for Indus TV.
- 2004: Javaid Shampoo – Screened at 4th KaraFilm Festival received Ciepie for Special Jurors' Selection. The telefilm was also screened at Rafi Peer World Performing Arts Festival.
- 2009: Woh College Kay Din – Producer
- "FAME launched at Depilex to help quake victims". Daily Times. 28 October 2005.
- "The Dancing Afghan". Indian Express. 23 January 2005. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- "Print Article". Pakistan Today.
- "Actors' association to improve entertainment standards". Daily Times. 19 January 2009.