Faisal bin Bandar Al Saud
Faisal bin Bandar Al Saud
|Born||1943 (age 75–76)|
|Spouse(s)||Nura bint Muhammad bin Saud Al Abdul Rahman|
|Children||Prince Muhammed bin Faisal|
Prince Bandar bin Faisal
and two others including Princess Sara bint Faisal
|Governor of Riyadh|
|Assumed office |
29 January 2015
|Appointed by||King Salman|
|Preceded by||Turki bin Abdullah Al Saud|
|Governor of Al Qassim|
May 1992 – January 29, 2015
|Appointed by||King Fahd|
|Succeeded by||Faisal bin Mishaal|
|House||House of Saud|
Early life and education
Prince Faisal was born in 1943. He is the eldest son of Prince Bandar. His mother is Wasmiyah bint Abdul Rahman Al Mu'ammar. His brother Mansour is an air force officer. Prince Faisal obtained a bachelor of arts degree in history at King Saud University in 1969.
Faisal bin Bandar is a former military officer. In 1970, he served as the director of the organization and administration department of the Defense and Aviation Ministry. He began to serve as the director of the training department of the Communication Ministry in 1974. Then he appointed assistant deputy governor of Asir Province in 1978 and his term lasted until 1981. He was named as deputy governor of the same province in May 1981. He was the governor of Al-Qassim Province from May 1992 to 29 January 2015 when he was named as the governor of Riyadh Province. He replaced Turki bin Abdullah as governor of Riyadh Province. Faisal bin Mishaal bin Saud Al Saud became the governor Al-Qassim Province on the same date.
On 20 April 2016 he was heading the delegation welcoming USA president Barack Obama to Riyadh.
Faisal bin Bandar is married to Nura bint Muhammad bin Saud Al Abdul Rahman and has four children: Muhammed, Bandar, Sara and Mishail. His son, Prince Muhammad, is a military officer and a jet pilot at the Royal Air Force.
- "Royal Family Directory". Datarabia. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- Kechichian, Joseph A (2001). Succession in Saudi Arabia. Palgrave.
- Sabri, Sharaf (2001). The House of Saud in commerce: A study of royal entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia. New Delhi: I.S. Publications. ISBN 81-901254-0-0.
- "The role of Saudi Princes in uniform". Wikileaks. 27 May 1985. Retrieved 25 May 2012.
- "Royal Decrees on senior governmental appointments issued". Saudia Online. 24 May 2001. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- "King Salman makes appointments". Royal Embassy, Washington DC. 29 January 2015. Archived from the original on 2 February 2015. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- "Cable reference id: #09RIYADH393". Wikileaks. 2009. Archived from the original on 5 June 2012. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "King Abdullah names members of the Allegiance Commission". 10 December 2007. Archived from the original on 1 June 2012. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- Al Mulhim, Abdulateef (29 June 2012). "Fighter Jets and Sword Dances". Arab News. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Faisal bin Bandar Al Saud.|