Faisal bin Khalid bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
|Faisal bin Khalid Al Saud|
|Governor of 'Asir Region|
|In office||16 May 2007 – present|
|Predecessor||Khalid Al Faisal|
|Born||1954 (age 64–65)|
|House||House of Saud|
|Mother||Sita bint Fahd Al Damir|
|Religion||Wahhabi Hanbali Sunni Islam|
Early life and education
Prince Faisal was born in Riyadh in 1954. He is the youngest son of King Khalid. His mother is Sita bint Fahd Al Damir, who died at the age of 90 in Riyadh on 25 December 2012. Faisal bin Khalid studied elementary and middle schools in Jeddah, and studied high school at the Institute of the capital Riyadh model. He completed his undergraduate studies at the American University in San Mateo.
Prince Faisal was former deputy governor of Asir Province. He was appointed to this post in August 2003. His tenure lasted for four years. He was appointed governor of Asir Province on 16 May 2007.
He is chairman of the King Khalid Foundation. He is a member of the Allegiance Council. Faisal bin Khalid was also one of the advisors at the Crown Prince Court. In other words, he was one of the advisors of late Crown Prince Nayef. The other two advisors of the Crown Prince were Mohammed bin Fahd and Mishaal bin Abdullah.
Activities as a governor
Faisal bin Khalid was reported to successfully deal with protests by university students in King Khalid University in Abha in March 2012. On the other hand, although he cared for the students' demands, he also declared that such activities were results of those planning to harm the security of the Kingdom and that such plans would not be tolerated.
Personal life and interests
Faisal bin Khalid is a supporter of equestrian stable and he owns Prince Faisal bin Khalid stable (Red Stable), one of the conventional stables in Saudi Arabia.
|Ancestors of Faisal bin Khalid bin Abdulaziz Al Saud|
- "Royal Family Directory". Datarabia. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- "Death of Princess Sita bint Fahd". Saudi Press Agency. 25 December 2012. Archived from the original on 30 December 2013. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Prince Faisal bin Khalid Receives Condolers on the Death of his mother". Saudi Business News. Retrieved 28 December 2013.
- "Prince Khalid bin Faisal opens tourism symposium". SAMIRAD. 16 March 2004. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- "About Saudi Arabia". Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia Washington D. C. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "King Khaled exhibition opens in Alkhobar". Sofaraa. 10 March 2012. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- Hawari, Walaa (16 November 2011). "King Khalid Award for the late crown prince". Arab News. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- "King Abdullah names members of the Allegiance Commission". Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia, Washington, DC. 10 December 2007. Archived from the original on 1 June 2012. Retrieved 3 May 2011.
- "Hariri Discusses Regional Situations with Saudi Crown Prince". Naharnet. 15 November 2011. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- Kapoor, Talal. "Nayif's Return - A Lame Duck Crown Prince?". Datarabia. Retrieved 12 April 2012.
- Admon, Y. (4 April 2012). "First Signs of Protest by Sunnis in Saudi Arabia" (Inquiry and Analysis Series Report No.819). MEMRI. Retrieved 27 May 2012.