Faith (Celine Dion song)
|Single by Celine Dion|
|from the album One Heart|
|Released||October 27, 2003|
|Recorded||2002; (Echo Beach Studios, Florida)|
|Writer(s)||Max Martin, Rami|
|Producer(s)||Max Martin, Rami|
|Celine Dion singles chronology|
"Faith" is a song recorded by Canadian recording artist Celine Dion, for her eight English studio album One Heart (2003). It was released on October 27, 2003 as the third promotional only single in Canada from the album and was the fifth single overall. "Faith" was written and produced by Max Martin and Rami Yacoub. The remixed version by the Original 3 (who also did the "One Heart" remixes) was released as a radio single. "Faith" reached number 4 on the Quebec Airplay Chart and number 37 on the Canadian Adult Contemporary Chart.
Background and writing
A 30 second sample of "Faith (Original 3 Remix)", the remix released as a single.
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
"Faith" was composed by Max Martin and Rami Yacoub, while production was handled by Martin and Rami. Martin also wrote for Dion her smash hit "That's the Way It Is" in 1999. Beyond the production, the song was recorded and mixed by Martin and Rami. It was recorded at Echo Beach Studios, in Florida. In "Faith", Dion is thrilled that, in spite of her faults, her man loves her anyway. On October 4, 2003, the song was selected as the next single for Canadian radio stations (Hot A/C and CHR formats). On October 10, 2003, it was announced that a remix of the track was available on "TeamCeline", this remix version by the "Original 3" was released as a single.
Elisabeth Vincetelli of Entertainment Weekly wrote a very positive review, stating that "One Heart's best qualities are encapsulated on Faith, a Martin track that matches a hooky chorus with pneumatic arrangements that cushion the star without overwhelming her. Ultimately, this record is about the singing, not the production or the writing." The Barnes & Noble Editorial review was also positive, calling it "infectious" and that the song "benefit from Dion's beautifully subtle vocal interpretation, reminding us that for all the gloss, she's a talent to be reckoned with."
Formats and track listings
Canadian promotional CD single
- "Faith" (Original 3 remix) – 3:38
- "Faith" (album version) – 3:43
|Canada AC (Billboard)||37|
Credits and personnel
- Recording locations
- Recording - Echo Beach Studios (Florida, United States)
- Songwriting – Max Martin, Rami
- Production – Max Martin, Rami
- Recording - Max Martin, Rami
- Mixing - Max Martin, Rami
- Backing Vocals - Anna Nordell, Max Martin
- Guitars - Esbjörn Öhrwall
- Bass - Thomas Lindberg
Credits adapted from the liner notes of One Heart, Epic Records.
- "Faith - Celine Dion : Listen, Appearances, Song Review : AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved September 8, 2012.
- "Max Martin - Credits : AllMusic". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved September 8, 2012.
- One Heart (liner notes). Céline Dion. Epic Records. 2003.
- "Celine Dion | One Heart | Album Review | Plugged In". Plugged In. Retrieved September 5, 2012.
- ""Faith" On Canadian Radio! | Celine Dion Official Site". Celine Dion. October 4, 2003. Retrieved September 8, 2012.
- ""Faith" Remix On TeamCeline! | Celine Dion Official Site". Celine Dion. October 4, 2003. Retrieved September 8, 2012.
- Vincentelli, Elisabeth (March 25, 2003). "One Heart Review - Music Reviews and News - EW.com". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2012-09-08.
- "Barnes & Noble | One Heart by Sony, Celine Dion". Barnes & Noble. Retrieved September 8, 2012.
- "Celine Dion – Chart history" Billboard Canada AC for Celine Dion. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "Le Palmarès". ADISQ. Retrieved 11 October 2014.