16 February 1922|
York, Yorkshire, England, UK
|Died||11 March 2012
London, England, UK
Faith Brook (16 February 1922 – 11 March 2012) was an English actress who appeared on stage, in films and on television, generally in upper-class roles. She was the daughter of actor Clive Brook.
Brook's screen debut came via a bit part in Suspicion (1941). Her first credited film appearance was The Jungle Book in 1942. The Encyclopedia of British Film described her as being cast "almost invariably in well-bred roles ..."
In September 1941, Brook debuted on stage inLottie Dundass in Santa Barbara.
Brook was married to — and divorced from — first Charles Moffett and later Michael Horowitz. She had a son with Horowitz.
She was a supporter of the British Humanist Association.
- Suspicion (1941) - Alice Barham (uncredited)
- Jungle Book (1942) - English Girl
- No Time for Love (1943) - Pert Brunette (uncredited)
- Uneasy Terms (1948) - Viola Alardyse
- Wicked as They Come (1956) - Virginia Collins
- The Intimate Stranger (1956) - Lesley Wilson
- Across the Bridge (1957) - Kay
- Man in the Shadow (1957) - Joan Lennox
- Chase a Crooked Shadow (1958) - Elaine Whitman
- The 39 Steps (1959) - Nannie
- We Shall See (1964) - Alva Collins
- The Heroes of Telemark (1965) - Woman on Bus
- To Sir, with Love (1967) - Grace Evans
- Adelaide (1968) - Dickson
- The Smashing Bird I Used to Know (1969) - Dr. Sands
- Walk a Crooked Path (1969) - Elizabeth Hemming
- War and Peace (1972, BBC TV) - Countess Rostova
- North Sea Hijack (1980) - Prime Minister
- Bloodbath (1979) - Heather
- The Curse of King Tut's Tomb (1980) - Lady Almina Carnarvon
- The Sea Wolves (1980) - Mrs. Grice
- Eye of the Needle (1981) - Lucy's Mother
- The Razor's Edge (1984) - Louisa Bradley (Isabel's mother)
- Miss Beatty's Children (1992) - Mabel Forster
- Mrs Dalloway (1997) - Lady Bexborough
- AKA (2002) - Contessa de la Reche
- Lentz, Harris M. III. Obituaries in the Performing Arts, 2012. McFarland. pp. 42–43. ISBN 9781476603858. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Shorter, Eric (20 February 2004). "Lyndon Brook". The Guardian. Retrieved 22 May 2011.
- Obituary: Faith Brook, Daily Telegraph, 13 March 2012
- Billington, Michael (14 March 2012). "Faith Brook obituary". The Guardian. Archived from the original on 16 March 2017. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- McFarlane, Brian (2016). The Encyclopedia of British Film: Fourth edition. Oxford University Press. p. 101. ISBN 9781526111975. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Nightingale, Benedict (26 January 2008). "Uncle Vanya". The Times. Retrieved 22 May 2011.
- "("Faith Brook" search results)". Playbill Vault. Playbill. Archived from the original on 16 March 2017. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Terrace, Vincent (2011). Encyclopedia of Television Shows, 1925 through 2010 (2nd ed.). Jefferson, N.C.: McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers. p. 192. ISBN 978-0-7864-6477-7.
- Faith Brook at the Internet Movie Database
- Faith Brook at the Internet Broadway Database
- Selected performances in Theatre Archive University of Bristol
|This article about an English actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|