Faith Dane (born October 3, 1923), now known as Faith Crannitch, and frequently known simply as Faith, is an actress, musician, and artist. She is also a perennial candidate for elected office in Washington, D.C.
Dane is a resident of Washington, D.C., but previously lived in New York City, and the United States Virgin Islands. She was married twice; firstly, to an attorney, Russell Johnson, and secondly, in 1983, to Jude Crannitch, an artist from New Zealand.
Dane was a candidate for the Virgin Islands Legislature in 1964 on an arts support based platform. She raised funds for various school art programs there, including St. Dunstan's Episcopal High School. She was a candidate for Mayor of Washington, D.C., as an independent in 1990, 1994 and 1998, garnering 110, 423 and 430 votes, respectively. In 2002, she ran in the Democratic primary for Mayor, and received 1,084 votes. On each occasion, she ran on an arts-based platform.
She was an unsuccessful candidate for the Statehood Green nomination for Shadow Representative in 1992, receiving 34% of the vote to Paul McCallister's 52%, and was an independent candidate for Delegate to Congress from the District of Columbia in 1996, receiving 2,119 votes.
In 2010, she ran for Mayor in the D.C. Statehood Green Party primary, winning with 40% of the vote in the face of only write-in opposition. In the general election, she received 1,476 votes. She ran for Mayor again in 2014, winning the Statehood Green primary with 47%, again with only write-in opposition. In the general election, she received about one percent of the vote.
- Dane, Faith. "United States Public Records Index". Family Search. Retrieved December 10, 2013.
- "Who to Vote for (and Who Not to Vote for) in D.C.'s 2014 Democratic Primary", Washington City Paper, March 26, 2014; accessed August 16, 2013.
- David Montgomery, "Trumpeting Faith: Meet a Bugle-Blaring Mayoral Candidate Who's Positive About the Art of the Campaign", The Washington Post, August 20, 2002; Page C1.
- Faith Dane profile, imdb.com; accessed November 6, 2014.
- Faith Dane at the Internet Broadway Database
- "Faith for D.C. mayor: behind the 90-year-old's ninth campaign". The Washington Post. August 13, 2014. Retrieved November 6, 2014.
- "DC Statehood Green Party Candidates for September Ballot". Green Party Watch. August 3, 2010. Retrieved November 2014. Check date values in:
- "D.C. mayoral general election results". The Washington Post. November 5, 2014. Retrieved November 2014. Check date values in:
- Faith Dane at the Internet Movie Database
- Political Graveyard: Faith Dane
- Our Campaigns: details of all her races
|This article about a Washington DC politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|