|Born||September 21, 1977|
|Residence||New York City|
|Alma mater||Louisiana Tech University
Southern University Law Center
|Occupation||Attorney and Judge|
|Title||Miss Louisiana 2000
Miss Louisiana Tech 1998
Faith Jenkins, (born September 21, 1977) is an American attorney, legal commentator and media personality. On March 11, 2014, she officially joined MSNBC as a legal analyst. She is also a judge on Judge Faith, a daytime court show, where she renders decisions in a television courtroom.
Early life and education
Jenkins was involved in beauty pageants and won several major titles. She was the first African-American woman to win the Miss Louisiana Tech title. In 2000, she won the Miss Louisiana title and advanced to compete in the Miss America 2001 competition, where she was named first runner-up, winner of the Quality of Life award, and preliminary winner in swimsuit and talent.
She started her legal career in the New York City office of Sidley Austin. After five years as a litigator, she was an Assistant District Attorney, prosecuting criminals at the Manhattan District Attorney's Office.
Jenkins has appeared on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News Channel and Fox Business Channel as a legal analyst, on shows including Fox & Friends, The O’Reilly Factor, Hannity, Politics Nation with Rev. Al Sharpton, Studio B with Shepard Smith, Happening Now, Lou Dobbs Forum, Your World with Neil Cavuto, and Willis Report, as well as truTV’s In Session. She has also contributed opinion editorials addressing current events in the New York Daily News.
On May 29, 2014, it was announced that she would headline as a judge on daytime TV show Judge Faith, a "nationally syndicated arbitrations-based court" TV series which premiered September 22, 2014.
- "Faith Jenkins (’99)". LATech.edu. Louisiana Tech University. Archived from the original on January 21, 2013. Retrieved January 28, 2016.
- Jenkins, Faith [faithjenkins1] (11 March 2014). "I've officially joined @MSNBC as a legal analyst! THANK U for all the kind words, support & feedback last several months.The work continues!" (Tweet). Retrieved January 28, 2016 – via Twitter.
- Jenkins, Faith [faithjenkins1] (29 May 2014). "So excited to announce my new daytime TV show @JudgeFaithTV! Premieres this September. Real cases, real ppl, and -yes- I'm the judge! :)" (Tweet). Retrieved January 28, 2016 – via Twitter.
- "Hawaiian Wins Miss America Pageant". ABC News. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- "Faith Jenkins". Yankwitt LLP. Archived from the original on June 15, 2013.
- "Official website". FaithJenkins.com. Retrieved January 28, 2016.
- "TV One Adds 'Justice by Any Means' to Its Monday Night Crime and Justice Line-Up on December 7 at 10PM/ET". The Futon Critic (Press release). November 23, 2015. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
|Awards and achievements|
|This biography article about a United States contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|