Fake It (Seether song)
|Single by Seether|
|from the album Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces|
|Released||28 August 2007|
|Seether singles chronology|
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
"Fake It" is the first single from Seether's album Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces. The single quickly rose to number one on both the Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks and Hot Modern Rock Tracks charts. It also reached number 56 on the Billboard Hot 100, the second highest of their singles after "Broken", which reached number 20. The single was certified platinum by the RIAA.
The original version of the song was first recorded in singer Shaun Morgan's bedroom and was an iTunes exclusive bonus track named "Quirk," included with pre-orders of Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces.
The music video, which was directed by Tony Petrossian, debuted on Seether's website as part of a "worldwide fan premiere" on October 23, 2007, the same day the album was released. It shows Shaun Morgan filming a music video on a plane set, with women dancing seductively around him. It then goes on to show the band playing in a snowy clearing and an industrial looking arena surrounded by fans. Each setting is then inundated with various parts of the others, such as having the scantily clad models from the plane dance through the snowy clearing, revealing all the various music video tropes to be faked in some way, through the use of props, bluescreen, or computer manipulation, reflecting the theme of the lyrics.
Use in other media
"Fake It" was announced to be the official theme song of the 2008 WWE No Way Out pay-per-view event that took place on February 17, 2008 in Las Vegas, Nevada. It also appears on the soundtrack in the video game Burnout Paradise. On June 8, 2010, it was released in the Rock Band Network for Rock Band 2, and was featured as Rocksmith 2014 DLC on February 10, 2015 in the Seether song pack.
- Shaun Morgan – lead vocals, guitar
- Dale Stewart – bass, backing vocals
- John Humphrey – drums, percussion
The song held the number one spot for 14 weeks on the U.S. Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart. It also spent eight weeks atop the Billboard Hot Modern Rock Tracks chart.
|Australian ARIA Singles Chart||49|
|Billboard Canadian Hot 100||38|
|New Zealand RIANZ||14|
|U.S. Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks||1|
|U.S. Active Rock||1|
|U.S. Billboard Modern Rock Tracks||1|
|U.S. Billboard Pop 100||59|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||56|
- Childers, Chad. "No. 43: Seether 'Fake It' – Top 21st Century Hard Rock Songs Read More: No. 43: Seether 'Fake It' – Top 21st Century Hard Rock Songs". Loudwire. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- "Gold and Platinum Search - "Fake It"". RIAA. Archived from the original on 2013-02-25. Retrieved 11-10-09. Check date values in:
- WWE: TV Shows > No Way Out
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-05-21. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-10-10. Retrieved 2011-09-03., Top 10 songs featured in racing games - progamist.com (August 20, 2011)