Fakir Mohan University
|"ଫକିର ମୋହନ ବିଶ୍ଵବିଦ୍ୟାଳୟ"|
|Motto||ସତ୍ୟ ସାଧନା ସ୍ଵାଭିମାନ
(Satya Sadhana Swabhiman)
|Chancellor||Governor of Odisha S C Jamir|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Siba Prasad Adhikary|
|Location||Balasore, Odisha, India
|Campus||Vyasa Vihar (Old Campus), Nuapadhi (New Campus)|
|Affiliations||UGC, DST-FIST, BIF.|
This University was established by the Government of Odisha, under Section 32 of the Odisha Universities Act, 1989 (Act 5 of 1989). The University has also been accredited by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) since 2000 and is also a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), UK. It was carved out of the Utkal University in 1999 and acts as an affiliating university. The university has 60 colleges and 15,000 students at the graduate and postgraduate levels. It is the only University in India that offers a postgraduate course in Ballistics.
At present it is functioning in two campuses: the old campus at Januganj, besides the National Highway near Remuna Golei (around 3 km from both Balasore bus stand and railway station) and the new campus at Nuapadhi (around 15 km from both Balasore bus stand and railway station), in and around Balasore town.
- The Department of Information and Communication Technology has established linkage with Proof and Experimental Establishment (PXE), and Integrated Test Range (ITR), Balasore in undertaking research.
- The Department of Applied Physics & Ballistics has offered the M. Sc. courses in Applied Physics & Ballistics with active support from Proof and Experimental Establishment (PXE), Chandipur, Balasore.
- Other Departments have also established linkage with local industries for research and consultancy.
- Bilateral collaboration with University of Rome “Tor Vergata” for research on Biodeterioration of stone monuments of cultural heritage and their conservation.
The university has Computer lab, Bioscience (Botany & Zoology) and Biotechnology lab, BIF- Computer lab (at Dept. of Biosciences and Biotechnology), Environmental Science lab and Applied Physics & Ballistics lab. Besides its lab in the department there is a centralised computer centre, central library with internet connection (12hrs open). Welfare facilities include UCO bank, two ATMs (SBI and UCO),One canteen, a common gym for both boys and girls, a mini indoor stadium, one cricket field, one volley field, one boys hostel, two girls hostel, staff quarters and a guest house.
- Introduction to Biodeterioration (PDF). United States of America: THE PRESS SYNDICATE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE The Pitt Building, Trumpington Street, Cambridge, United Kingdom. 2004. pp. 1–10. ISBN 0 521 82135 5.