Fakir Mohan University
|Motto||ସତ୍ୟ ସାଧନା ସ୍ଵାଭିମାନ|
(Satya Sadhana Swabhiman)
|Chancellor||Governor of Odisha|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Madhumita Das|
|Campus||Vyasa Vihar (Old Campus), Nuapadhi (New Campus)|
|Affiliations||UGC, DST-FIST, BIF.|
This university was established by the Government of Odisha, under Section 32 of the Odisha Universities Act, 1989 (Act 5 of 1989). It has been accredited by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) since 2000 and is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), UK.
It was carved out of the Utkal University in 1999 and acts as an affiliating university. FM University has 60 colleges and 15,000 students at the graduate and postgraduate levels. It is the only university in India that offers a postgraduate course in Ballistics.
FM University is functioning in two campuses: the old campus at Januganj, besides the National Highway near Remuna Golei (around 3 km from Balasore bus stand and railway station) and the new campus at Nuapadhi (around 15 km from Balasore bus stand and railway station).
- The Department of Information and Communication Technology has established linkage with Proof and Experimental Establishment, and Integrated Test Range, Balasore in undertaking research.
- The Department of Applied Physics & Ballistics offers M.Sc. in Applied Physics & Ballistics with active support from Proof and Experimental Establishment.
- Other departments have also established linkage with local industries for research and consultancy.
- Bilateral collaboration with University of Rome Tor Vergata for research on Biodeterioration of stone monuments of cultural heritage and their conservation.
- Dept. of BBA(hons)
- Dept. of Biotech and Bioscience
- Dept. of Botany
- Dept. of Business Management
- Dept. of Chemistry
- Dept. of Commerce
- Dept. of Education
- Dept. of Environmental Science
- Dept. of Geography
- Dept. of Geology
- Dept. of History & Archaeology
- Dept. of Information and Communication Technology
- Dept. of Journalism & Mass Communication
- Dept. of Language and Literature
- Dept. of Mathematics
- Dept. of Population Studies
- Dept. of Social Science
- Dept. of Zoology
- Master of Law (LL.M)
- Directorate of Distance and Continuing Education (FMU-DDCE)
Dept. of Applied Physics and Ballistics
The university has Computer lab, Bioscience (Botany & Zoology) and Biotechnology lab, BIF- Computer lab (at Dept. of Biosciences and Biotechnology), Environmental Science lab and Applied Physics & Ballistics lab.
There is a centralised computer centre, central library with internet connection (12 hrs open).
Welfare facilities include UCO bank, two ATMs (SBI and UCO), one canteen, a common gym for both boys and girls, a mini indoor stadium, one cricket field, one volley field, one boys hostel, two girls hostel, staff quarters and a guest house.