Falabella (retail store)
|Founded||Santiago, Chile (1889 )|
Number of locations
|Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru|
|Products||Clothing, footwear, accessories, bedding, furniture, jewelry, beauty products, and housewares|
Number of employees
The company was founded by Salvatore Falabella, an Italian Chilean immigrant, in 1889. In its original form it was a Tailor´s shop, but today has become the largest retailer in South America. The expansion of the company began in the 1960s, with the first store outside Santiago opened in Concepción. In 1980 Falabella created CMR, a credit card with 5.5 million customers. In the 1990s it began a process of internationalization and expanded its operations to Argentina, Peru and Colombia. Some of the celebrities who have appeared in its ads are Cecilia Bolocco, Valeria Mazza, Juanes, Kate Moss, Gisele Bündchen and Ricky Martin 
- "Nuestras Tiendas en Chile" (in spanish), Falabella Visited on August 23, 2014.
- "Nuestras Tiendas en Colombia" (in spanish), Falabella Visited on August 23, 2014.
- "Nuestras tiendas en Perú" (in spanish), Falabella Visited on August 23, 2014.
- "Nuestras Tiendas en Argentina" (in spanish), Falabella Visited on August 23, 2014.
- "Nuestra Empresa" (in spanish), Falabella Visited on August 23, 2014.
- Nuestra Empresa, visited on August 23, 2014
- Retail Chile Falabella To Open 40 Stores Regionally In 2011 - Report, by Anthony Esposito, Dow Jones News, November 12, 2010
- Historia (in spanish), Visited on August 23, 2014
- Gisele Bundchen shows lean legs in skin-tight faded skinny jeans while shooting commercial for Falabella in Miami Dailymail, Visited on August 23, 2014.
- "Tendencias Falabella" Archived 2014-08-24 at Archive.today, Visited on August 23, 2014.
|This retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|